There is more reliable and better software than AVG Driver Updater to update the drivers and take the PC performance to another level. Hence, read on to know the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives available currently.
Outdated drivers are a hindrance to the top-notch performance of your computer. They make your PC not only slow but buggy as well. Therefore, you have no choice but to update your device drivers. While searching for dedicated software to do so, AVG Driver Updater will be among the top names you get. It is a trusted program as it shares its developers with one of the most popular antivirus software. But is that make it the best program to update the drivers, or are there better AVG Driver Updater alternatives in the market? If this is what you are thinking, then this post is what you need to read.
Well, there are some incredible software programs like AVG Driver Updater. But you do you need them, let’s first answer this question. AVG Driver Updater has a few cons that are not easy to ignore. These shortcomings of this software instigate a user to look for the best alternatives to it. We share them below.
Unignorable Cons of AVG Driver Updater
- There are no advanced features.
- AVG Driver Updater is a whole lot expensive than apps similar to it.
- You cannot save the scan results.
- The free version only allows you to scan for outdated drivers and not update them.
Do the above cons seem bearable to you? Most probably, your answer is also a big no. Well, do not worry as here we have got the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives, handpicked by us.
Top AVG Driver Updater Alternatives for Windows 10/8/7 in 2021
Below are the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives and similar apps you can use this year to update the drivers and elevate the PC performance simultaneously.
1. Bit Driver Updater
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, & 7
Free Version: Available
As the developers claim, Bit Driver Updater updates every bit of the computer to improve the PC performance. Well, it scans the PC thoroughly to find and update the outdated drivers. In addition to thorough PC scans, it also boasts many other features, such as driver backup and restore, creation of a system restore point, and a lot more. Let’s discuss all the outstanding features that brought it to our list of the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives.
Praiseworthy features of Bit Driver Updater
- You can run the scan according to your convenience by using the scan scheduler.
- There is an option to create driver backups and restore them later.
- It shows the detailed description of the available update, including details like its version number, release date, publisher’s name, etc.
- With this software, you can create a system restore point to undo the changes made to your PC if anything goes wrong.
- You can ignore the drivers that you do not wish to scan and update.
- There is an internet connection management option for seamlessly downloading, installing, and updating drivers.
- It is a WHQL certified software that allows you to download reliable driver updates with a single click.
2. Driver Booster
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, & XP
Free Version: Available
You can trust Driver Booster for updating the drivers and boosting the gaming performance as well. And this is what makes it one of the best alternatives to AVG Driver Updater. Gamers get delighted with its game boost and gaming component repair options. In addition to these unique features, below is what else it has to offer.
Outstanding features of Driver Booster
- You can create a restore point before going ahead with the update.
- It allows you to compare the installed drivers with the proposed updates.
- There is a PC optimizer to check the system problems, clean the registry, and remove junk files.
- It prioritizes the tasks crucial for the well-being of your computer.
- There is a game boost option to elevate your gaming performance.
- It even repairs the game components, such as Adobe Flash Player ActiveX, Microsoft DirectX Runtime, and more.
- You can enable the silent mode whenever you want no notifications from the software. It automatically gets enabled when you are engaged in gaming or any full-screen activity.
- If you do not wish to update any particular driver, you can put it under the ignore list.
Read More: Best Driver Booster Alternatives Free
3. Driver Easy
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, & 7
Free Version: Unavailable
It may not be the perfect choice for the people who are looking for completely free AVG Driver Updater alternatives. But the driver easy is certainly one of the best options if spending a few bucks is not an issue for you. It boasts some of the most impressive features, such as an uninstaller for the unneeded drivers and more. Below we take a look at all its stunning features.
Laudable features of Driver Easy
- You can use the search feature to find the required drivers from its enormous database.
- There is an option to create driver backups and restore them.
- It shows detailed PC information, such as the details about its processor and graphics card.
- The program is exportable to a TXT file.
- It lets you install drivers directly from the program without redirecting you anywhere.
- There is support for offline driver scan scheduling.
- You can uninstall the drivers that are not needed on your computer anymore.
Read More: Best Driver Easy Alternatives for Windows
4. DriverPack Solution
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, & XP
What makes it a unique software like AVG Driver Updater is, it downloads drivers as packs or groups of various hardware components. For example, downloading video card drivers gives you drivers for different manufacturers such as AMD and more. Moreover, its other features include the removal of temporary files, restore point creation, etc. Here we share all of its worth-mentioning features.
Notable features of DriverPack Solution
- It is a portable alternative to AVG Driver Updater, hence it is usable with a USB flash drive.
- A restore point is automatically created before you update the drivers.
- It lets you view all the drivers that are present on your computer, including the ones not needing an update.
- After using the required data, it allows you to delete temporary files.
- There is a notifier that alerts you about hardware or software problems.
- It downloads drivers as a set or pack of various peripherals.
Read More: DriverPack Solution Review: Free Download Online/Offline for Windows 10/8/7
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, & Windows Server
Free Version: Available
Next, we have DriverMax as one of the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives. What makes it a tough contender for other similar programs on this list is, in addition to updating the drivers, it also updates Windows OS components. Moreover, its other useful features include unknown device identification, scan scheduling, etc. Below we share its complete features.
Noteworthy features of DriverMax
- There is a scan scheduler to run the scan as per your preferred timings.
- Before updating the drivers, you can create a driver backup.
- You can also create a backup of system settings.
- It allows you to restore the drivers from previous backups, drivers downloaded earlier, system restore point, and a driver rollback.
- DriverMax identifies the devices displayed as unknown devices in the Device Manager.
- It updates Windows OS components, such as C++ Runtime, Oracle, etc.
- You can update drivers automatically with a single click. However, the free version lets you update only two drivers in one day and ten in a month.
Read More: Best Driver Max Alternatives for Windows 10
Let’s wrap the list of the Best AVG Driver Updater Alternatives
Above, we took a tour of some software programs that can be called the best AVG Driver Updater alternatives and apps similar to it. They all are on par with each other. Hence, you can choose any of them depending on your specific needs. However, if you need a recommendation, then we recommend Bit Driver Updater for its features, such as driver download speed acceleration