Here are some top-rated and the best free duplicate file finders and removers for Windows 10 with advanced features to clean your PC and improve the speed.
Duplicate files get accumulated on any computer over time. Such files take up space as well as slow down the performance of your PC. Today, we are going to enlighten you about some top-rated best duplicate file finders to remove files and clean up space on Windows 10 PC.
To optimize and speed up the PC, you must clean these duplicate files regularly. You can use some advanced and the best free duplicate file finder and remover tools to get rid of these space-hogging duplicates with ease.
The marketplace has an ocean of such programs. But, we cannot consider all of them as the best duplicate file cleaner. Therefore, we dived through the entire gamut of apps to find duplicate files and curated the best ones exclusively for our readers.
This post talks about these top identical and duplicate file finders. Before moving to them, below is how to remove the identical pictures, i.e., the toughest to find duplicate files.
Our Recommendation for the Best Duplicate Photo Cleaner
It is the most cumbersome process to find similar photos. Therefore, we suggest you get Quick Photo Finder, the dedicated software that employs advanced techniques to find and remove duplicate photos. This highly recommended duplicate file finder software finds duplicates images from external as well as internal devices and deletes them with a single click on Windows 10. You can download Quick Photo Finder by clicking the button below.
Note: Before deleting duplicate files with any of the tools shared below, you must ensure that you delete only user files. Deleting system files can affect the performance of your computer negatively.
Top 10+ Best Free Duplicate File Finders to get Rid of Duplicates on Windows PC
Below we enlist the safest and best free duplicate file finders and removers to eliminate junk, clean the hard disk space, and speed up the PC.
1. Easy Duplicate Finder
“A highly acclaimed quick duplicate file remover software to find duplicate files in Windows 10.”
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10
Price: Free Trial Available | Pro Edition $39.95 1 PC /yr | Pro Edition $49.95 3 PC/yr | Pro Edition $59.95 5 PC/yr | Pro Edition $69.95 10 PC/yr
This third-party software is perhaps the easiest way to find and delete duplicate files, safely, with a snap of fingers. Easy File Finder quickly detects all the duplicate files and lets you remove them in a jiffy. Additionally, the cross-platform base of the software allows you to use it on different devices. Moreover, below are the other features of this software that make it one of the best duplicate file finders.
Striking Features of Easy Duplicate File Finder
- The tool deletes duplicates from the music player’s list.
- The tool supports the easy one-click operation.
- It allows you to undo the actions and recover the accidentally deleted files.
- The utility hosts two tools, namely Wizard and Assistant, to find and remove duplicate files effortlessly.
- You can select the mode and type of file search options.
- The easy 5-step deletion procedure of the tool helps in saving a lot of time.
- One can also preview all kinds of scanned duplicate files before deleting them.
- With the unique folder comparison mode, you can compare different selected files and folders easily.
- Shows how much space a duplicate occupies.
- You can move, rename, and export duplicate files.
- Supports a plethora of file formats.
- Allows you to delete duplicates from cloud storage.
- Easy file exclusions
- Many users doubt the accuracy of its scan results.
- The interface is a bit outmoded.
- Displays annoying notifications.
- Changes your search engine and browser’s homepage.
- It scans only 10 duplicates at a time.
How to use Easy Duplicate Finder?
- Download and install Easy Duplicate Finder.
- Click on the Start Scan button.
- Choose between Easy and Advanced mode.
- If you selected the Easy mode, wait for the scan to complete. And, after the scan completes, click on Auto Remove to delete all duplicate files. To review files before deleting them, click on Manual Review.
- If you selected the Advanced mode, choose your desired scan mode. Add folders to scan, start the scan, let the scan complete, and take the required action.
Get the complete review of the Easy Duplicate File Finder, Click Here
2. Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
“A free duplicate file finder with smart algorithms to compare files”
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
It is among the 100% free, most intelligently programmed, and best free tools to remove duplicate files. No matter whether you need to find duplicate video files, documents, or photos, this utility helps you do it all easily. Let’s have a look at the features of the duplicate file finding software that induced us to include it on our list.
Commendable Features of Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- The program boasts a rescue center that lets you restore the files in case something goes wrong.
- The tool has an effective MD5 engine for accuracy.
- In addition to deleting duplicate files, it also removes unnecessary .exe files to free up disk space.
- It allows you to add files to the ignore list and exclude them from the scan.
- The software enables you to specify the file types for the scan.
- It employs advanced and smart algorithms that compare both file names and content to search for duplicate files.
- The developers of the tool release regular updates as well.
- Allows you to ignore files of more than a particular size.
- Easy to use duplicate files finder
- Removes .exe files
- Multiple language support
- Find duplicate files from the external devices
- Boosts the Pc’s performance
- Detects fewer duplicates than other similar programs.
- Annoying ads on the toolbar
- Confusing group creation
- Inconvenient folder selection.
- Non-availability of advanced features.
- Less-friendly UI
How to use Auslogics Duplicate File Finder?
- Download, install, and launch Auslogics Duplicate File Finder.
- Select the location of duplicate files to get rid of them.
- Click on Next.
- Select the scan criteria.
- Click on the Scan button and wait for the results to appear.
- Choose the files you want to remove and click on the Delete button.
3. Fast Duplicate File Finder
“One of the most trusted duplicate file finders that easily locates duplicate files.”
Compatibility: Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Price: Free Trial Available | Professional Edition $39.95, 1 PC for Life | Professional Edition $31.95, 2 PC for Life | Professional Edition $27.95, 5 PC for Life | Professional Edition $23.95, 10 PC for Life
Here’s another dedicated fastest and the best free duplicate file and folder finder that is fairly capable to detect and delete all the space-hogging dupes. It accurately detects and deletes all kinds of twin files on Windows 10. Apart from this, below are some other features of this fast duplicate file finder for different platforms.
Noteworthy Features of Fast Duplicate File Finder
- It lets you move duplicates to the recycle bin or delete them permanently.
- The tool also shows you the preview of all the detected duplicate files.
- You can scan for the duplicates as per their names, dates, extensions, and several other filters.
- You can export the scan results in XML or CSV formats.
- There is an option to search or exclude any particular file extension.
- The program also allows you to rename files as you want.
- It uses the byte-by-byte comparison method to find files with the same contents.
- The tool can open files with their associated programs.
- This software can scan folders, computers, diskettes, CD/DVD ROM, USB flash drives, network computers, and even external hard drives.
- It allows you to disable folders for self-scan.
- Simple interface.
- Configures result as you want
- Easy to use duplicate files finder
- Multilingual UI
- Multiple export options
- The filtering function is not available in the free version.
- Slow scan speed.
- Confusing auto-check option.
- The free version has no advanced features.
How to use Fast Duplicate File Finder?
- Download and install Fast Duplicate File Finder.
- Click on the Add Folder button to add the folders you want to scan.
- Select the scanning method and click on Start scan.
- After the scan completes, perform the required action to delete duplicates.
4. AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
“The best software to find duplicate files for Windows that employs the most precise search and remove mechanisms”
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Price: Free Trial Available | Pro Edition $35.40/yr | Pro Edition Life $49.95
Here comes another best duplicate file and photo finder and remover that is packed with powerful methods to scan, detect, and delete duplicate files on Windows 10. It uses the best byte by byte and SHA-1 Hash ways to search files for free. Unlike other tools, AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder also supports external devices. Apart from this, below are its other features.
Remarkable Features of AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder
- The selection assistant lets you choose files, groups, or folders effortlessly.
- A protected folders tab helps in preventing the accidental deletion of crucial files.
- You can delete duplicate files from cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
- The app shows simultaneous images to help you decide and remove files.
- This software provides several options to detect, filter, and mark duplicates.
- You can sort files as per your needs with AshiSoft.
- The tool allows you to remove similar songs and increase space.
- Easily understandable UI.
- Integrated image viewer
- Multiple modes of scanning
- File preview options
- Compares files and folders.
- Easy 3-step execution
- It fails to scan subfolders correctly.
- Scan speed is slower than some other tools in this list.
How to use AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder?
- Download and install AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder.
- Click on the Add Path button to folders/drives you want to scan.
- Review the scan results.
- Select the files you wish to delete and remove them.
5. Duplicate File Detective
“One of the best duplicate file finders and removers with advanced features to delete dupes on Windows 10.”
Compatibility: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
Price: Free Trial Available | Pro Edition $60.00, 1 PC | Pro Edition $210.00, 5 PC | Pro Edition $360.00, 10 PC | Pro Edition $700.00, Site-Wide | Pro Edition $2,200.00, Country Wide
Duplicate File Detective is among our top recommendations for the best duplicate file and identical photo remover software. It uses cutting-edge technology to detect duplicate files, hiding on the PC, and help you remove them with ease. The interface of the tool is quite similar to that of MS Office products. Below are more of its features.
Prominent Features of Duplicate File Detective
- It hosts an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
- The tool even allows you to detect audio dupes through tag extraction and analysis
- You can also analyze the data of compressed folders with the Detective.
- Useful shell context menu to provide ease of scanning and finding duplicates.
- Along with deleting the duplicates, you can also use this software to move and archive identical files.
- You can schedule the scan as per your needs and clean the storage regularly.
- It allows you to replace the moved or deleted files with the links to the original.
- You can use themes to personalize the dashboard.
- Checksum verification.
- Export and import detailed reports in HTML, CSV, and XML files.
- SmartMark technology to move and rename files
- Multiple scanning options
- Neat visualization of results.
- No full-fledged free version.
- Slow scans.
- Lacks cost-effectiveness.
How to use Duplicate File Detective?
- Download and install Duplicate File Detective.
- Add the folders you want to scan for duplicates.
- Run the scan to find the unwanted files with this duplicate file remover.
- Delete the duplicate files.
6. Duplicate Files Fixer
“One of the top duplicate file finders with multiple options to find identical and similar files.”
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Price: Free Trial Available | $39.95/yr
Let’s have a look at the best duplicate file cleaner for Windows named Duplicate Files Fixer. As the name suggests, Duplicate Files Fixer allows you to scan, find, and eliminate duplicate files within a couple of minutes. Here are some of the best features of Duplicate Files Fixer.
Noteworthy Features of Duplicate Files Fixer
- Duplicate Files Fixer generates more space for your device easily.
- As the software is cross-platformed, you can use the same on different devices.
- The software allows you to preview the files before deleting them.
- Duplicate Files Fixer finds duplicates on the cloud, system storage, and external drivers.
- You can mark the files individually and delete them with a single click afterward.
- You can find and delete duplicates in 7 steps.
- The tool allows you to exclude files and extensions from scan results and searches.
How to use Duplicate Files Fixer?
- Download and install Duplicate Files Fixer.
- Click on the Add Folder or drag and drop folders to the scan area.
- Click on the Scan for Duplicates button.
- Mark the duplicates you wish to delete or use the auto mark feature.
- Click on Delete Marked to get rid of duplicates.
7. Wise Duplicate Finder
“Amongst the best tools to find any kind of duplicate files on Windows”
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10
Price: Free Trial Available | $23.50/yr
With this one of the best duplicate file finders and removers, you can even sort the folders from which duplicates have been removed. It was one of the features of this duplicate file scanner that attracted and instigated us to include it on our list. Below are the other ones.
Noteworthy Features of Wise Duplicate Finder
- The tool creates a backup, automatically, of files to restore them when needed.
- If the detected number of dupes is not large, then you can delete them manually.
- The software is wise enough to scan the entire PC to find similar files.
- It can even find empty and zero-sized duplicate files.
- Wise Duplicate Finder allows you to customize the scan by setting filters.
- Group-based organization of duplicates.
- Easy to use interface.
- Supports many languages.
- Extremely fast scan speed on different platforms.
- Exclude files easily.
- No advanced features.
- It does not classify duplicates according to file type.
- You cannot preview the duplicate files.
How to use Wise Duplicate Finder?
- Download, install, and launch Wise Duplicate Finder.
- Choose the folder or drive to scan.
- Select the scan method.
- Click on the Scan button.
- After the scan results appear, select the duplicates you want to remove.
- Click on Delete Selected to complete the deduplication process.
8. Duplicate Cleaner Pro 4
“One of the best duplicate file finding tools for Windows 10 with a unique selection assistant”
Compatibility: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10
Price: Free Trial Available | $26.95 Permanent License
When the talk is about the best duplicate file scanner and removers, one cannot skip the name of the powerful tool, Duplicate Cleaner Pro. This utility, with an easy-to-use interface, lets you find and delete duplicate files seamlessly in a fraction of a second. Below are some of the features of this best deduplication software that set it apart from the rest of the lot.
Incredible Features of Duplicate Cleaner Pro
- It is one of those advanced tools that can even find the edited similar pictures.
- You can unclutter the music library by finding and deleting duplicate soundtracks.
- It also allows you to be in charge of what to do with duplicates.
- With Duplicate Cleaner Pro you can either send duplicates to the recycle bin, move, or rename them.
- There is a selection assistant to help you search and remove duplicate files with ease.
- You can easily compare images and other files before deleting them.
- This software presents scan results with big thumbnails for ease.
- It lets you ignore zero-size files while scanning for duplicate files.
- Flexible UI.
- Accuracy of results.
- Free trial for 15 days.
- Multiple scan modes
- Scans ZIP for duplicates
- Works on edited files
- You cannot pause the deduplication process.
- Some minor performance issues.
- A bit overcrowded interface.
- Takes a lot of time to scan large folders.
How to use Duplicate Cleaner Pro?
- Download, install, and launch Duplicate Cleaner Pro.
- Go to the Scan location tab and select the folder containing duplicates.
- Specify the scan criteria.
- Click on Start Scan to begin scanning.
- Review the results and select the duplicates you want to remove.
- Get rid of the selected duplicates.
Read More: Download Duplicate Cleaner Free – Genuine & Complete Software Review
9. Duplicate Sweeper
“One of the best duplicate file finder tools to sweep away identical files from your computer”
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Price: Free Trial Available | $19.99 1 PC
Here comes one of the best and great duplicate file finder software. Duplicate Sweeper is a good and fast duplicate remover for multiple platforms that can remove all the duplicate files of a particulate folder with lightning-fast speed. Here are some more features of this useful best deduplication software utility for Windows PC.
Incredible Features of Duplicate Sweeper
- The user interface of this tool is quite elegant.
- It can even detect duplicate files that do not have the same file name.
- The software also categorizes identical duplicates.
- It also provides you the feature to automatically select the new and old duplicate files and delete them.
- Instead of deleting the duplicates permanently, it allows you to move them to the Recycle bin or Trash.
- It also works as one of the best duplicate file cleaners to remove duplicates from cloud services like Dropbox.
- Simple UI.
- Exclusion of duplicates from search.
- 3D graphical representation
- One-click deduplication.
- Preview files beforehand
- You cannot delete duplicate files for free.
- Slow scan speed.
- It finds fewer dupes in comparison to similar programs.
- No advanced features.
How to use Duplicate Sweeper?
- Download, install and open Duplicate Sweeper.
- Add the folders you need to scan for duplicates.
- Click on Start Duplicate Search to begin the scan.
- Review the detected duplicates and mark the ones you wish to remove.
- Click on Recycle Selected Duplicates to delete the marked duplicate files.
Read More: Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows 10
10. Remo Duplicate File Remover
“A duplicate finder to find and eliminate all kinds of duplicates on Windows 10”
Compatibility: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, Server 2008 & Server 2012
Price: Free Trial Unavailable | $19.97 1 PC/yr
If you are looking for software that can find and remove duplicate files, such as documents, photos, videos, and audio on your Windows 10 PC, then Remo Duplicate File Remover is one of the top-rated and best free duplicate file finders for Windows 10. Using this utility, you can free up ample space on your computer. Here are some of the features that it offers to the users.
Salient Features of Remo Duplicate File Remover:
- The tool supports all the major file formats.
- It doubles up as a duplicate photo finder and cleaner.
- You can view the number of duplicates and the amount of space occupied.
- There is an option to preview the duplicate files before deleting them.
- Removes duplicate audio and videos to make more space for other files.
- It employs smart algorithms to scan your computer deeply.
- Intuitive interface.
- Byte by byte file comparison.
- Effective results
- Easy to use
- 5-step execution
- No full resolution preview of duplicate files.
- Slow scan speed.
How to use Remo Duplicate File Remover
- Download, install and launch Remo Duplicate File Remover.
- Select whether you want to Scan Drives or Scan Folders.
- Choose the drive or folder you want to scan for duplicate files.
- If you want, apply filters like images, video, etc., to refine the results.
- Mark the duplicates you want to delete.
- Click on Delete to get rid of the selected duplicates.
The best free duplicate file finder app with strong features.
Compatibility: Windows 2000 and up
Another great example of the best similar file finder that easily finds and removes duplicates with a single click. Here comes the best part. Although the CloneSpy tool is free, it works just like the paid version of other similar programs. Let’s have a look at the features, pros, and cons of CloneSpy for better information.
Noteworthy Features of CloneSpy
- You can use CloneSpy on Windows devices and cloud platforms
- The byte-by-byte comparison helps you in comparing files perfectly.
- You can find duplicates on your device without a perfect match.
- The software generates reports and provides suggestions for the duplicates found.
- You can download and use the software for free.
- Easy to use
- Basic interface
- Effective solution
- No added cost
- Boring UI
- Requires configurations
How to use CloneSpy?
- Download, install, and launch CloneSpy.
- Click on the “Add folder” button located in the main window.
- Choose the folder containing duplicates and once you are done adding all the folders, click on “OK.”
- Return to the main window and set the mode frame to compare files within pool 1.
- Go to “search for frame” and select the option “Duplicates.”
- Checkmark “Ask user” in the “Action frame.”
- Move back to the main window and click on “Start” to run the scan.
A 100% free and best software to find duplicate files that also lists non-duplicates
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
AllDup, as you can figure out from its name, it detects all the duplicate files present on your hard drive. Well, that’s something all the software present on this list does. It is not the reason for which we decided to make it a part of our post sharing the best duplicate file finder software for Windows 10. We have included it for its incredible features such as the creation of shortcuts to the last original file and more.
Let’s take a quick look at its features that make it one of the best duplicate file cleaners.
Notable features of AllDup
- You can exclude both entire folders and individual files from the scan.
- It allows you to ignore the metadata of FLAC files.
- With this software, you can save and restore the search results.
- The search results can be exported to text, CSV, or Excel files.
- You can search for hard links, duplicate music/video files, photos, similar files.
- It also allows you to search inside archives of formats 7Z, ARJ, CAB, CB7, CBR, CBT, CBZ, EPUB, GZ, ISO, LZH, LHA, NRG, RAR, TAR, ZIP.
- AllDup creates a backup of all deleted files to help you restore them effortlessly.
- Its Picture mode and other algorithms find content-based similarities in files.
- Finds duplicates of all kinds quickly.
- Highly flexible.
- A plethora of search options.
- Confusing UI.
- Scan speed is not as fast as some other similar programs.
How to use AllDup?
- Download, install and launch AllDup.
- Specify the drive or folder which contains the duplicate files.
- Choose the comparison criteria.
- Start searching for duplicate files.
- Go through the results and delete the unneeded files.
“One of the best duplicate file removers to uninstall unneeded files and software”
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
Price: Free Trial Available | Home Edition $29.95 1 PC/yr | Professional Edition $49.95 3 PCs/yr | Professional Plus Edition $79.95 3 PCs/2yrs
CCleaner is an unskippable name in the domain of PC cleaning software. It finds and deletes duplicate files without tampering with the crucial system files. It’s a complete tool to clean and optimize the PC with duplicate file removal as one of its functionalities.
This widely used and the best free duplicate photo cleaner has many features. Let’s have a look at them.
Praiseworthy Features of CCleaner
- It comes with an in-built registry cleaner and an uninstaller for unnecessary software.
- It is the best tool to automatically detect passwords and other internet files.
- CCleaner effectively manages the startup programs and reduces the device’s boot time.
- The paid version offers premium features, like real-time scanning of web browser extensions.
- CCleaner deep-searches duplicate files very easily.
- There is a tool to check the PC’s health and fix the detected issues.
- The paid tool also recovers deleted files quite easily.
- The tool now comes with an integrated driver updater to improve PC speed
- Elevates the PC speed.
- Beginner-friendly interface.
- Deletes unuseful cookies.
- Creates registry backups.
- Custom filters
- Displays annoying ads.
- Uses a lot of PC resources.
- Installation of unneeded add-ons.
- The free version does not have advanced features.
How to use CCleaner?
- Download, install and launch CCleaner.
- Click on Analyze to begin the scan.
- After the scan completes, review the results.
- Perform the necessary action to remove the detected duplicates.
“A must-have file manager that doubles up as the best duplicate file remover”
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
Price: Free Trial Available | Standard Pro $39.95/yr | Lifetime Pro $79.95
Another decent yet best duplicate file finder and photo remover software for Windows is XYplorer. It serves you as a file manager for Windows. Despite being a file manager, it is also capable enough to remove duplicate files. Here are some of the prominent features of XYplorer.
Commendable Features of XYplorer
- Along with finding and removing duplicate files, one can also use it to manage files and folders.
- It can also help you to move files from one location to another.
- The tool is highly personalized and customizable.
- XYplorer also serves as a portable file manager, no need to install it.
- It also helps you with other PC cleanup and optimization tasks
- The tool supports both MD5 and byte-by-byte file comparisons techniques.
- XYplorer reports and sorts files according to name, date to creation, etc.
- Being lightweight, you can also install the tool on low-storage PCs.
- It is updated regularly.
- Availability of lifetime license.
- Many options to locate and detect specific files.
- Easy to use duplicate file finder.
- Fast and responsive
- The status bar cannot be customized.
- Plugins are not supported.
- It does not support FTP.
- Non-availability of the free version.
How to use XYplorer?
- Download, install and launch XYplorer.
- Scan for duplicates.
- Review the scan results.
- Delete the unwanted duplicate files.
“The old school duplicate file finder for removing duplicate files on Windows 10”
Compatibility: Windows 2000 and up
Here comes one of the most committed, 100% free, and portable duplicate file detectors. SearchMyFiles lets you search files and folders on your computer free, in addition to allowing you to eliminate the file duplicates. It does not offer quite a lot of features, still, the freeware is among the best options to consider for its portability. Below we take a look at the features that it offers.
Noteworthy Features of SearchMyFiles
- It offers search filters based on file content, modification, the last time you have opened the file, size of the file, and many other parameters.
- This software gives you highly accurate search results.
- When you have found the desired file, you can stop the search.
- It allows you to exclude the files that you wish to keep out of the scan.
- You can use SearchMyFiles to find the duplicate files existing in your Google Drive or OneDrive folder.
- Quick search process.
- Needs no installation.
- Can copy search list to the clipboard
- No traces of the registry are left after the scan
- Complicated interface.
- No advanced deduplication features.
- Takes time to search for big drives.
16. Clone Files Checker
“Best duplicate file finder and cleaner for Windows 10 to find and delete empty folders”
Compatibility: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
Price: Free Trial Available | Single Edition $39.97 1 PC/yr | Family Edition $49.97 3 PC/yr | Small Business Edition $69.97 10 PC/yr
Here comes yet another best duplicate file remover for Windows 10. With this software, you can create a backup of files before deleting them. Moreover, it also allows you to restore the deleted files with ease if you want to. And below are the other features that help in removing music files and brought it to our notice.
Core Features of Clone Files Checker
- You can scan drives or folders for duplicate files with a single click.
- There is an option to move identical files to another folder.
- You can right-click on any folder to scan for duplicate files.
- It also allows you to remove duplicate files from the iTunes library.
- With Clone Files Checker, you can save the scan report in CSV format.
- A duplicate remover for cloud platforms such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
- You can scan for duplicate audio based on different music tags.
- Cleans a plethora of storage space.
- Removal of empty folders.
- Interactive UI
- Simultaneous scanning of multiple drives.
- It does not detect all empty folders.
- Fails to find a few duplicates.
- No customization options.
How to use Clone Files Checker?
- Download, install and launch Clone Files Checker.
- Click on the System Scan tab and choose File Search.
- Click on the Add button to include a drive/folder in the scan.
- After adding the required drives/folders, click on Start Search to begin the scan.
- After the scan results appear, delete the duplicate files you do not wish to keep.
Software to find and remove duplicates like a true expert
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8, 10
Here comes another freeware that can help you to detect and remove dupes of all formats quite efficiently. dupeGuru has one of the fastest and smartest algorithms to scan duplicates of any kind. Here we discuss some of the prominent features of this software.
Commendable Features of dupeGuru
- With its smart matching algorithm, you can find filenames, tags, attributes, metadata, and analyze the file content.
- It allows you to customize the scan process.
- There is a dedicated Music mode to find duplicate music files in formats, such as FLAC, MP3, WAV, AAC, etc.
- Its fuzzy matching algorithm finds duplicates in just a few seconds after you launch the scan.
- In addition to deleting the duplicates, it also gives you an option to move them.
- You can filter the search results in multiple ways.
- Intelligent algorithm to detect similar files.
- Preview of duplicates before deletion.
- You can filter particular duplicate files by keywords.
- Multiple scan types.
- Outdated interface.
- Not so good support.
- Unclear features.
- Occasional failure to detect duplicate text, music, and other files.
How to use dupeGuru?
- Download, install and launch dupeGuru.
- Click on the + button to add folders to scan.
- Click on Scan to begin scanning for duplicate files.
- Select what you want to do with the deleted duplicates.
Before moving to the frequently asked questions about duplicate file removal, below is a summarized comparison of all the software shared above.
Quick Comparison of the Best Duplicate File Finders and Removers
|Products||Compatibility||Popular Features||External Device Support||Rating (out of 5)|
|Easy Duplicate Finder||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10||Comparison mode, one-click duplicate removal, deletes duplicates from cloud storage||No||4|
|Auslogics Duplicate File Finder||Windows 7, 8.1, and 10||Rescue center, ignore list, deletion of .exe files||No||3.5|
|Fast Duplicate File Finder||Windows 2000, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||File renaming, export options, disabling of folders for self scan||Yes||4.5|
|AshiSoft Duplicate File Finder||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP||Selection assistant, cloud platform support, protected folders tab||Yes||4|
|Duplicate File Detective||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2||Tag extraction, SmartMark technology, analysis of compressed folders||No||3.9|
|Duplicate Files Fixer||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP||File exclusion, cloud support, auto mark option||Yes||4.5|
|Wise Duplicate Finder||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, & 10||Detectipn of zero-sized duplicates, group-based organization, file exclusion||No||4.1|
|Duplicate Cleaner Pro 4||Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10||Selection assistant, ignoring zero-size files, scans ZIP to find duplicates||No||3.8|
|Duplicate Sweeper||Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10||Cloud support, exclusion of duplicates, 3D graphical representation of results||No||4.5|
|Remo Duplicate File Remover||Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, Server 2008 & Server 2012||Smart deduplication algorithm, shows how much space is occupied by duplicates||Yes||4.5|
|CloneSpy||Windows 2000 and up||Byte-by-byte comparison, cloud support, Simple UI||No||3.9|
|AllDup||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||Shortcut creation, backup of deleted files, scanning inside file archives||No||3.5|
|CCleaner||Windows 7, 8, 10||Registry cleaner, software uninstaller, quick recovery of deleted files||No||4|
|XYplorer||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10||Lightweight, highly customizable, portable file manager||No||4.3|
|SearchMyFiles||Windows 2000 and up||Many search filters, portability, Google Drive and OneDrive support||No||4.1|
|Clone Files Checker||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||Cloud support, removal of duplicates from iTunes, deletion of empty folders||No||3|
|dupeGuru||Windows 7, 8, 10||Keyword-based filters, dedicated music mode, detection of similar files||No||3.5|
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we answer some of the frequently asked questions about the best free duplicate file finder software that most people have in their minds.
Q1. What is the best free duplicate file finder?
It is quite difficult to select the best among the free duplicate file finder software that we have provided on the list. Each one of them offers some unique features. But when we talk about the overall functionality, we feel that the following names deserve the title of best free duplicate file finder.
- Auslogics Duplicate File Finder
- Fast Duplicate File Finder
- Easy Duplicate Finder
These two utilities offer a lot more than just removing duplicate music and other files.
Tip:- If you are looking for the best free duplicate photo finder, Quick Photo Finder is for you. That too without any cost as it is completely free. That’s why we consider this to be the best.
Q2. Is duplicate file finder safe?
The answer to this question is quite complicated. It is because when you search a duplicate file finder on the Web, you get a lot of options to select from. But, not every one of them is reliable and effective. Some may steal your data as well.
Hence, you have to be quite cautious while selecting a duplicate file finder software for your PC. Our list helps you to select the best and safe software to remove duplicate files. You can rely on the above-mentioned, highly recommended names to clean duplicates from your computer.
Q3. How can I find duplicate files?
If you want to know how to find duplicate files, we recommend using some best free duplicate file finder software in this article. It is quite difficult as well as time-consuming to look for duplicate files manually.
Hence, to save your time, it is advised to use some freeware to find and clean duplicate files. You just have to scan a folder or drive, from which you want to clean the duplicate files. These duplicate file finders scan all the files automatically using some special algorithms and provide you with duplicate and similar ones.
Q4. Does Windows 10 have a duplicate file finder?
The answer is NO. Windows 10 does not have any default duplicate file finder. If you want any such software, then you can download various freeware available on the Web. The above list also provides some recommendations for the best duplicate file finder software for Windows 10 PC.
Q5. How do I get rid of duplicate files?
The best way to get rid of duplicate files from Windows 10 PC is to delete them using some best free duplicate file finders. You can try any of the above-mentioned tools to do so. All the products listed above are best in our point of view to remove duplicate music and other files.
Have you Picked the Best Duplicate File Finder?
The above were the best tools to find and remove duplicate files. Each of them has its unique features. You can download any of these utilities as per your requirements and free up space on your PC.
These programs are either free or at least provide a free trial to help you. You can install these best duplicate file finder tools for free or get a paid version for advanced features.
You can easily extract better performance out of your PC with the help of these tools. Lastly, before you leave, do not forget to subscribe and bookmark Innovana Blogs for more useful information.