Read on to know about some best GPU benchmark software available for your Windows PCs in 2022.
Judging how the graphics card is performing was never an easy task. But, luckily, a technique called benchmarking has made it less cumbersome for you to know the performance of the graphics card so that you know when is the time to update the graphics drives for a smooth gaming experience. The best graphics card benchmarks software pushes the card to its limits so that you can understand whether the card can play high-end games and other graphic intensive software or not. Moreover, the best GPU benchmarks test your graphic card thoroughly so that you know how much pressure it can handle.
Since you know about benchmarking, selecting the correct GPU benchmark software is not a tough task. To help you choose one effortlessly, we have selected the best GPU benchmark software for you and our other readers.
The next section of this article discusses the same.
Note: Before discussing the best software to benchmark the GPU, you must know about benchmarking types. Knowing about the kinds of benchmarking helps you choose the most suitable software.
The graphics card benchmark for Windows can be categorized into two types. We explain both of them below.
- Synthetic Graphics Card Benchmarks (Artificial benchmarking)
This type of graphic card benchmark for Windows is run using synthetic software having their built-in graphics card test tools to calculate the performance scores. These scores are in the form of big numbers. A higher score indicates that your graphic card performs better than the other cards with lower scores.
- Real-Time Graphics Card Benchmarks (Real-world benchmarking)
This type of benchmarking is for all those gamers for whom gaming performance means a lot more than the synthetic benchmarking scores and who are desirous of knowing about the frame rates and fps they are getting while playing a game.
Now that you have complete knowledge about benchmarking and its types, let’s proceed to the best software to do it. Before moving to the detailed list, below is a comparison of the top 5 GPU benchmarks for your convenience.
Now, let’s proceed with the post and know about the best benchmarking tools for your GPU in 2022.
Best GPU Benchmarking Software in 2022 (Free/Paid)
Below we list out the best free GPU benchmark tools so that you can choose the appropriate tool to judge the graphic card’s performance.
1. Heaven UNIGINE
Best Free GPU Benchmark Software for Hardware Stability
This software is surely one of the best graphic card benchmark tools for gamers and over clockers. This synthetic benchmark software pushes your graphics card to the maximum possible limits and shows you how stable it is. It also helps you judge the effectiveness of your graphics card cooler. In addition to this, the software’s other noteworthy features include multiplatform support, GPU temperature, clock monitoring, and more. Let’s now summarize these features below.
Prominent Features of Heaven UNIGINE
- It helps you know how effective your graphics card cooler is.
- There is support for multiple platforms, including OpenGL 4.0, DirectX 9, and DirectX 11.
- Heaven UNIGINE even allows to check the temperature of the GPU and keeps an eye on the clock.
- You can even carry out an advanced hardware stability test.
- Along with Windows, the GPU benchmarking tool is also compatible with macOS and Linux.
- You also get multi-monitor settings along with stereo 3D configurations.
- Fun and easy to use.
- Eye-pleasing visuals.
- Clean interface.
- The Pro version is a bit costly.
- Its code seems a little buggy.
2. MSI Afterburner
Free GPU Benchmark Software for in-Game Tests
This is our next pick for the list of the best GPU benchmark. What makes this GPU benchmark test software unique is, in addition to providing regular information about your GPU, it also allows you to overclock the GPU, create a custom fan profile, run in-game tests, record the gameplay and take its screenshot. What else can anyone want? Most probably, nothing. Here we talk about some of its unique characteristics.
Praiseworthy Features of MSI Afterburner
- With this best GPU benchmark software, you can even overclock the processor.
- It lets you create a recording of the gameplay and custom fan profile.
- The software is easy to use for amateur users.
- You can access the settings of your GPU quite simply with MSI Afterburner.
- It also offers one-click overclocking to get the most stable overclock configuration of your graphics card.
- The benchmarking tool even presents real-time hardware details to the users.
- Measures GPU performance in real-time.
- Doubles up as a GPU overclocking tool.
- Allows you to create custom profiles.
- Lacks some benchmarking options.
3. 3DMark Basic Edition
Best GPU Stress Test for Performance Comparisons
This product from FutureMark is the most popular and one of the best graphic card benchmark software for synthetic benchmarking. It lets you have a quick view of how your graphics card is performing in comparison to the other cards. The basic edition is free to use, but if you want to do an in-depth analysis of the graphic card’s performance, then you can spend a few bucks and get the advanced version. Below we have summarized its features.
Key Features of 3DMark Basic Edition
- Automatically scans your device and indicates the kind of benchmark that you should run.
- The app also displays detailed charts of GPU temperature, clock speed, and frame rates.
- It is among the most well-designed and user-friendly video card benchmarks. Even a novice user can use it easily.
- You can run 7-different benchmarking tests using 3DMark Basic Edition.
- It supports DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11.
- The benchmarking tool is compatible with multiple operating systems.
- Beginner-friendly software.
- In-depth analysis of GPU performance.
- Saves the test results automatically.
- Supports cross-platform testing.
- Shows a few glitches on Windows 10.
- Misses out on features like texture filtering.
Cross-Platform GPU Benchmark Software for Comparisons Across Devices
Here comes another software to know how well or poorly the graphics card performs when pushed to the crunch. It is a simple yet powerful utility to judge and compare the GPU’s performance with other GPUs having similar configurations. We share some of its highly appreciable features below.
Unique features of Geekbench
- It uses Augmented Reality and Machine Learning to measure the performance of both GPU and CPU.
- Geekbench supports OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal APIs to test the gaming, video editing, and image processing capabilities of your computer.
- You can make cross-platform comparisons, i.e., compare performance across different devices and operating systems.
- There is a Geekbench browser to upload and share the benchmark results.
- Easy setup
- Allows result sharing
- Benchmarking of all main components
- Account signup needed to share results
Best for GPU Repairing and Optimization
Here comes Novabench, another critically acclaimed GPU benchmarking software. It boasts a number of features to not only test the performance of your GPU but also to optimize and repair it. Let’s walk through some of the highlighting features of this program.
Highlighting features of Novabench
- It tests both your CPU and GPU, along with checking the memory transfer speed, reading, and writing the hard disk frequency.
- You can compare the test results with other similar devices online.
- It allows you to create a profile and save your scores.
- The test scores serve as a basis to improve and optimize the PC performance.
- Battery wear history to track the battery life
- CPU temperature checking
- Availability of test scheduling
- Command-line interface
- Gives only a general overview of the performance
- Occasional crashing and stability issues
Best GPU Benchmark Software for Test Personalization
This is another free and among the best graphic card test tools that let you compare your card’s performance with that of the other users. All that you are required to do for running the benchmark test is download it, select your desired API, start the test, and then wait for the software to display the score so that you can compare it with the other similar graphic cards. In a nutshell, below are the central features of GFXBench.
Central Features of GFXBench
- GFXBench lets you compare the card’s performance with other similar cards effortlessly.
- There is support for even low-level APIs such as Vulkan, Metal, and DirectX12.
- It is a one-stop destination for measuring the device’s battery performance and visual fidelity.
- You can also personalize the graphics test using this impressive GPU benchmarking tool.
- GFXBench is even compatible with Android & iOS, along with Windows & macOS. Hence, you can use it to perform graphics & performance tests on your PC & smartphone both.
- It also helps to test the battery life and performance of the device.
- Support for all popular video formats.
- Improvements in battery life.
- No support for MKV format.
- You cannot increase the sound level.
7. Basemark GPU
Best for GPU Benchmarking Tool for Running Customized Tests
Basemark is yet another rock-solid software to check and compare the performance of GPUs. With this software, you can even perform customized tests on your graphic card to test how well it functions in high-pressure conditions. In addition to this, below are the highlighting features of this tool.
Laudable features of Basemark GPU
- The tests show you the advantages of new graphics such as Vulkan and DirectX 12.
- There is a Basemark Power Service to help you compare the performance of your device with others.
- Its custom options let you perform detailed benchmarking.
- High customization
- No free trial
Best free GPU Benchmarking Software with Multiple Modes
This tool is one of the most trusted and best GPU benchmark tools to judge the GPU’s stability and stress it can handle. FurMark, also called GPU burner, needs an OpenGL compliant graphics card and can also monitor the GPU’s temperature. Let’s now have a look at the key highlights of this software.
Distinct Features of FurMark
- There is a burn-in test mode for the overclockers
- FurMark monitors and records the GPU temperature.
- It has both fullscreen as well as windowed run modes.
- You can also run stability and stress using this benchmarking tool for your graphics card.
- There is also an alarm for excessive GPU temperature.
- You also get tools to personalize testing.
- One of the most reliable free GPU benchmark software.
- Burn-in test mode for overclocked GPUs.
- Availability of both fullscreen and windowed modes.
- A little resource-hungry.
- Beginners may find it a bit confusing.
Best Graphics Card Benchmark for Tech Support
This is another widely used and among the best GPU benchmark for Windows to run synthetic benchmarking tests. To check the graphic card’s performance, you need to download the PerformanceTest from PassMark’s official website. It lets you run 2D and 3D tests. These tests check the vectors, fonts, bitmaps, 4K resolution, GUI elements, and various other factors. Below are the key highlights of this benchmark software.
Striking Features of PassMark
- There are configurable tests if you want to get a deeper insight into the GPU performance.
- You get tech support and software updates for free.
- There are 28 standard benchmark tests to judge the performance of your PC’s processors.
- You can even perform a GPU performance test using a USB drive.
- It offers various tools to test the speed of your system’s disk.
- Passmark is also a great tool to check 3D video card performance.
- Checking the network speed between 2 PCs is also a prominent feature of this one of the best GPU benchmarking tool for Windows.
- It even helps to read & write the RAM performance of your device.
- Fast and easy to use.
- Boasts a plethora of speed tests.
- All major subsystems of a PC can be tested at once.
- It does not support the MKV format.
- PassMark does not allow you to increase the sound.
Best Free GPU Benchmarks for 3D Games
This best graphic card and GPU benchmark for Windows evaluates the GPU’s 3D speed and lets you compare the results with other graphic cards effortlessly. The cherry on top of the cake is, you don’t even need to spend a penny to get this tool as it is a free GPU benchmark available for Windows. Below are the striking features of this best GPU benchmark software.
Features of UserBenchmark
- The software is free from annoying ads.
- UserBenchmark has an easy-to-use interface.
- It focuses on the real-world performance of the graphics card. Hence, the tool helps you compare it easily with similar cards.
- There are six different simulations for 3D games.
- It even helps to find the most robust component of your PC and offers an online report as well.
- The graphics card benchmarking tool also helps to check the results of the speed test of others.
- Friendly UI.
- Stress testing for users who overclock the GPU.
- Easy comparison of how a GPU fares in comparison to similar GPUs.
- A little less useful for non-overclockers.
Some other Honorable GPU Benchmark Software
In addition to the above best GPU stress tests, you can also judge the processor’s performance using these benchmarking tools.
11. OverClock Checking Tool
Best for Temperature and Voltage’s Graphical Viewing
OCCT or OverClock Checking Tool is another wonderful benchmarking tool. The most unique feature of this software is that it gives you the graphical representation of temperature and voltages of system components while testing. Apart from this, below are its other attractive features.
Enticing features of OverClock Checking Tool
- It boasts support for over 16-cores.
- You can run customizable tests based on parameters like duration, priority, etc.
- It is multilingual software.
- This software boasts monitoring support via third-party apps like MBM5, Speedfan, etc.
- You can view the graphs showing the temperature and voltages of components while benchmarking.
- Boasts a powerful graphics rendering engine
- GPU error detection
- A bit tough to use for beginners
- No benchmark scores
Best GPU Benchmarking Software Working without RTX Hardware
This is another offering from Unigine, the developers of Heaven benchmark. Superposition the latest and free GPU benchmark runs rigorous tests on your graphics card to evaluate its performance and stability.. It uses a technology that needs no RTX hardware to deliver impressive results. Once the test results appear, you may compare and judge the performance of your GPU in comparison to the other GPU’s on the leaderboard. This helps you decide whether you should go for a graphics card update or not. We talk about its distinguishing characteristics below.
Unique Features of Superposition
- You get an interactive mode with free mini-games.
- There is a global leaderboard for the benchmark rankings.
- It has high-grade visuals by UNIGINE 2 Engine.
- Superposition offers GPU temperature and clock monitoring tools to the users.
- It has also got the SSRTGI technology and VR experience for you.
- There are more than 900 impressive objects.
- GPU temperature and clock monitoring.
- Interesting mini-games.
- A lot of customization options.
- Needs a bit more PC resources.
- A little tough to use for beginners.
Best Stress Test for Both GPU and CPU
This snappy and straightforward, and OpenGL benchmark software is undoubtedly one of the best graphic card benchmarking tool ever created. It runs several tests on your graphic card and then lets you compare the results with the other users having similar graphics card configurations. Do give it a try to know where your card’s performance stands. Let’s have a look at a few of its highlighting features.
Commendable Features of Cinebench
- It uses much larger and complex test scenes than other graphic card benchmarks.
- There are three tests to check the performance of the GPU.
- The tool performs a stress test on the PC to check its stability.
- You can use this GPU benchmark program on both Windows & macOS.
- The benchmarks of Cinebench are pretty accurate, and hence you can rely on them.
- Score comparison among runs is also quite easy.
- Highly suitable for high-end PCs.
- Real-world testing of processor’s performance.
- The tests focus more on CPU than GPU.
- Consumes a bit more resources than other similar software.
Best Graphics Card Benchmark for Checking Game Compatibility
This is among the best GPU benchmark software for Windows to know whether a particular high-end game will run on your PC or not. It compares the hardware capabilities with the game requirements and declares whether your PC is capable to support the game or not. In addition to this, it also tests the graphic card performance and displays the score both numerically and graphically. Let’s have a look at its distinct features.
Incredible Features of Catzilla
- Catzilla lets you know whether a particular game will run successfully on your computer or not.
- The tool tests the graphics card performance thoroughly and indicates whether it can handle tough situations or not.
- It displays the test results both numerically and graphically for easy comparison and analysis.
- Catzilla has quite a simple interface. Hence, you do not have to be a tech-savvy person to use this benchmarking tool.
- It gives four badges to your PC, i.e., Kitty, Cat, Tiger, & Catzilla, as benchmarking scores.
- You also get to know about the games your PC can run efficiently.
- Advanced features.
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced users.
- Not many people use it.
Best GPU Benchmarking Software for Sensor Monitoring
Here comes an ultimate GPU diagnostic tool. With this best free GPU benchmark in 2022, you can do a detailed analysis of the GPU and judge whether you need to update drivers or overclock the processors or not. Along with real-time monitoring, it offers a plethora of useful features. Let’s discuss a few of them below.
Features of AIDA64
- The tool employs a 64-Bit multi-threaded stress testing module to drive the GPU to its maximum limits.
- AIDA64 boasts a sensor panel so that you can monitor all the sensors present on your computer in the way you want.
- It is also among the best software to keep a check on the processor’s temperature and diagnose the hardware issues.
- You get quite described details of about 50 pages of your installed apps and their licenses.
- It can even present data on LCD, VFD, and other such devices.
- The program also shows information about your PC’s components. And you do not even have to open it to see that information.
- Multiple tools to test PC performance.
- Sensor panel to monitor all sensors.
- Gives detailed information about all PC components.
- Beginners may find it a bit complicated.
16. MSI Kombustor
Best Free GPU Benchmark Software for illumination Management
Here comes another power-packed and the best GPU benchmark software. It pushes your GPU to its maximum potential so that you can judge whether it can survive the heavy gaming sessions or not. Talking about the features of the incredible software, it has some of the much-needed offerings such as an option to choose from a long GPU burn-in test and a single benchmarking test. In addition to this, below are its other striking features.
Features of MSI Kombustor
- MSI Kombustor boasts a GPU illumination manager.
- It supports a massive range of APIs.
- This video card benchmark does not consume much PC resources.
- You get both stability and benchmark test modes.
- It also monitors the GPU temperature on your PC.
- The tool also has Xtreme Burning Mode.
- Tool to boost graphics card performance.
- Support for multiple APIs.
- Not a complete benchmarking solution.
17. CPUID powerMAX
Best Graphics Card Benchmark for Checking Fan’s Cooling Power
If you want to check the efficiency of the cooling system along with running a GPU burn-in test, then it is among the best GPU benchmark software that you can use. It tests the GPU’s performance under maximum stress conditions and also checks how efficiently the cooling fan and the power supply unit performs. In addition to this, below are its prominent features.
Features of CPUID powerMAX
- The tool runs a test based on the 3D scene that stresses the video card.
- It hosts a straightforward and intuitive interface.
- You can even test the GPU and CPU simultaneously.
- It has got two CPU burn-in tests.
- CPUID powerMAX also monitors the CPU & GPU activities and temperatures.
- Powerful stress tests.
- Checking of fan’s cooling efficiency.
- It may damage the VRM, PSU, or other components.
Above were the best GPU benchmark software that can help you know how your graphics card fares in comparison to your peers and whether it is the correct time to update the card or not. Now, let’s look at their summarized comparison and then address a few frequent queries we receive about graphic card benchmarking.
Comparison of Top 5 GPU Benchmark Software for Windows (Free/Paid)
|Product||Supported Platforms||Best For||Price|
|Heaven UNIGINE||Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8||Graphics card cooler’s performance checks, GPU temperature, and clock monitoring, stereo 3D and multi-monitor format support||Free version available (Starts from $14.95)|
|MSI Afterburner||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP||GPU overclocking, easy to understand UI, recording the game||Completely free|
|3DMark Basic Edition||Windows 10, 64-bit||Detailed test reports, Beginner friendliness, Suggests the required type of benchmark||Totally free|
|Geekbench||Windows 10 (64-bit) or later||OpenCL, CUDA, and Metal APIs support, Cross-platform comparisons, Result sharing||Free version available (Starts from $9.99)|
|Novabench||Windows 7 or newer||Battery wear history, Portability, Scan scheduling||Free version available ($19)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What is GPU benchmark software?
GPU benchmark is a test to analyze your graphic card and its performance thoroughly. It helps you to know how much pressure your GPU can handle. And the software that carries out this task is known as GPU benchmarking software. An efficient, reliable, or we can say, the best graphic card benchmarking program pushes your GPU to its limits. It eventually helps you to know the capabilities of your graphics card, whether it can play high-end games & other graphic intensive software or not.
Q.2 Why run the best GPU benchmark?
Running the best GPU benchmark for Windows helps you know how your graphics card performs under tough situations. In addition to this, the graphic card benchmarking is essential for numerous other reasons. The key ones out of them are listed below.
- In case you’ve overclocked the graphics card, then running a video card benchmark makes you sure about the GPU’s stability
- Graphic card benchmark for Windows helps you detect any issues at the earliest so that you don’t face any frame drops or glitches while playing your favorite games
- Lets you compare the results with the newly launched graphic cards and decide whether it is the right time to update or not.
Q.3 What is the need for graphic card benchmark software?
A reliable graphic card benchmark software possesses several benefits. Below are some of them. You can also consider them as the reasons why we need GPU benchmark software.
- It helps you to know the stability of your GPU.
- You can detect any issue related to your graphics card before facing it during an intense gaming session or a crucial editing project.
- GPU benchmark software also helps to compare the performance of two GPUs so that you can decide whether to update one or not.
- The tool even lets you do audits on the programs and games installed on your PC.
- You can even keep a check on the temperature of your GPU.
Q.4 How do I know if my GPU is dying?
There are a few indicators that help you to know if your GPU is dying. Below we have listed them.
- Frequent PC crashes
- Reboot failure
- Graphics & visual glitches
- Unusual performance of your PC’s fan
- Fan noise
- Small colored dots or other unusual objects on your display
Q.5 How do you troubleshoot a GPU problem?
Here are some of the things that you can try to troubleshoot a GPU problem on your PC.
- Reboot the PC
- Update drivers (Use Bit Driver Updater to update GPU drivers with ease)
- Cooldown the GPU
- Clean your GPU
- Try replacing the graphics card
Q.6 What games can be used for GPU benchmarking?
GPU benchmarking can be done for all kinds of games. A plethora of games has in-built benchmarks. For example, games such as Ashes of the Singularity, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and Batman Arkham Knight come with built-in benchmarking features. To run the benchmark for games that do not have such a feature, you require the best GPU benchmarking software. With these tools, you can benchmark any game. Below are some of the games for GPU benchmarks.
- Battlefield V
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Dishonored 2
- Doom Eternal
- Minecraft RTX
Q.7 How to benchmark the graphics card?
You can perform graphic card benchmarking with free as well as paid benchmarking software. If you are looking for a free GPU benchmark software to benchmark the graphic card, then our recommendations include 3DMark (Its free version is has a few limitations, but it is highly efficient). Moreover, our other suggestions are MSI Afterburner and Heaven UNIGINE for the host of preset settings that they provide.
Q.8 How to see and interpret the benchmark results?
Most of the benchmark software displays the results in an easy to understand ways. For instance, the Heaven benchmark shows enticing 3D environments while running. Below is how to interpret the results.
- In case the benchmark fails to run smoothly, then this indicates that your graphics card is not efficient enough to handle certain graphics.
- Any FPS (Frames Per Second) rating below 30 means that the gaming experience will not be as smooth as you would expect. Ideally, FPS should be 60.
- High temperature means that your GPU is overheating and struggling to run the graphic intensive game.
Q.9 How to improve benchmarking score?
There is no need to panic if the benchmarking scores are not that great. Instead of panicking, you can take a few easy steps to improve your graphic card performance and get better results the next time you run a benchmark. Below we share these simple things that you can do to take the graphic card performance a notch up.
- Download compatible graphics card drivers and keep them updated. You can do this in no time with Quick Driver Updater.
- In case you have recently installed beta drivers, then roll back the driver to an earlier version.
- Close all the other Windows programs and perform the benchmark tests again.
Try solving various graphic card problems such as GPU overheating.
Top 17 Graphic Card Benchmarking Software 2022
These were our topmost picks for the best graphics card benchmark software. Select the one that fits your requirements the most. While selecting a benchmark for your GPU and graphics card, consider the type of benchmarking you need to perform. Lastly, before you leave, do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter and let us know in the comments whether this blog-post has helped you or not.