Our handheld devices have made our lives super simple. I remember my father used to get frustrated a lot whenever he had to scan something. Scanning was time-consuming and a difficult task a decade before. But with the help of smart PDF scanner apps now we can generate PDFs in no time.
Would you like to use a free PDF scanner app that scans excellently and generates sharp PDFs? Refer to the list of best PDF scanner apps that we have carefully crafted to simplify your everyday scanning needs.
List of 10 Best PDF Scanner Apps of 2021 That You Can’t Afford To Miss!
Although every free scan to PDF app claims to be the best, only those who consistently generate professional scans are the reliable ones. Get an exclusive list of the best free PDF scanner apps in this article.
FlashScan tops the list of free PDF scanner apps with its top-notch features and user-friendly approach. This newbie app offers advanced scanning experience using your Android devices.
- This best free document scanner app can scan different types of documents quickly and efficiently.
- It supports batch scan functionality and has several post-scan filters to offer.
- If you are looking for the scanner app that offers an inbuilt-OCR then FlashScan is your right pick. It extracts text from images and supports translation of the recognized text.
- FlashScan also offers QR and Barcode scanning.
- It is an all-in-one PDF scanner for Android that lets you create compressed PDFs for quick sharing. It also offers several PDF page sizes, Eg. Letter, Ledger, Legal, Tabloid, A3, A4(default size), A5.
- You can easily scan your signature and place it on any PDF files.
- With its Anti-counterfeit feature, you can also set custom watermarks on PDFs.
- FlashScan lets you encrypt PDF files with a password to protect your classified data.
Also Read: 7 Best PDF File Locker Apps for Android Phone
2. Fast Scanner
As the name suggests it is one of the fastest and free PDF scanner apps that turn your Android devices into superfast scanning machines.
- Fast Scanner scans different types of documents within seconds.
- This free scan to PDF app supports the one-tap conversion of any scanned images into JPEG or PDF files.
- If you read PDF books then Fast Scanner is your value-added pick, as it lets you read PDF books hassle-freely.
- All the basic functions are offered in the free version but users can upgrade to the premium version to enjoy extra useful scanning functionalities offered by Fast Scanner.
3. Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a premium brand and one of the oldest scanning apps in the industry. It is reliable and offers a massive range of useful features.
- Although the basic function of this app is PDF support and reading, it can also generate PDF files for simple case usage.
- It is an excellent app that offers word processing. Users can do many things such as table generation, editing files, creating biodata, etc with just a few taps.
- This app also supports ebook reading.
Also Read: 10 Best Image to PDF Converter Apps for Android
4. Genius Scan
With a boatload of features and high-scanning capabilities, Genius Scan secures its place in the list of excellent PDF scanner apps.
- This document scanner app generates sharp and clear scans.
- It also offers batch scanning.
- This Android PDF scanner supports both PDF and JPG file formats.
- You can choose different page layouts for PDF files such as business cards, legal, letter, A5, A4, and A3.
- It helps to backup and restore all your scanned data.
5. Simple Scan
Yet another brilliant free PDF document scanner that offers useful features.
- It flawlessly scans various types of documents.
- This app lets you automatically upload JPG and PDF files to the cloud.
- With this impressive PDF scanner app you can import PDF files and convert them into JPG formats.
- Lets you search any files quickly by adding tags.
6. Adobe Scan
It is one of the most used and widely famous best free PDF scanner apps. It offers multiple features with easy navigation.
- It is a free PDF scanner app that scans all sorts of documents.
- Adobe Scan offers amazing editing tools to enhance scanning results.
- With this app, users can remove and edit imperfections, erase spots, creases, even any type of handwriting.
- It lets you save your PDF files to the Cloud for instant access.
Also Read: 12 Best PDF Reader for Android Phone
7. PDF Scanner
It is a dedicated PDF scanner app that cleverly scans your passports, bills, vouchers, and other important documents.
- It gives you an option to pick the best sized document A3, A4, A5, note, letter, postal, etc.
- PDF scanner lets you block any PDF files by setting up a password.
- You can improve your scanned results with exciting filters.
- Offers an intuitive and user-friendly interface.
8. Camera To PDF Scanner
Next on the list of best PDF scanners for Android devices is Camera to PDF scanner. Here are the key features of this app.
- This document scanner tool scans everything as images (JPEG) or PDF file format.
- It offers color, grayscale, or black & white filters to enhance scanned results.
- Users can choose Letter, Legal, A4, A3, Business Card, etc sizes for their files.
- It lets you easily share documents in PDF or JPEG format through emails and social media apps.
9. Document Scanner
One of the most famous and globally used scanning applications is Document Scanner. It offers a user-friendly interface with several other incredible features.
- It digitizes documents quickly and offers high-quality scans.
- It lets you convert images to text so you can easily edit, search, and share it with friends and colleagues.
- It is one of the best PDF document scanners that also scans QR and barcodes.
Also Read: 12 Best Free PDF Editor Apps for Android
10. Scanner App
The last app on the list of best free Android PDF scanners is Scanner App. It is a simple scanner that offers the below-mentioned features.
- It lets you digitize all your important documents.
- This PDF scanner offers an electronic signature facility to instantly scan any documents, sign them, and share it through email with a few taps.
- It offers a robust OCR to turn images into text.
- You can also set a password to your PDF files with this free scanner.
The best PDF scanner apps should offer multiple features along with the satisfactory scanning experience. You can choose any of the above-mentioned apps as per your requirements. All of them are reliable and produce professional scans.