In this article, we walk you through the quickest and easiest ways to download, install, and update the WiFi driver for ASUS computers.
It can be a whole lot irritating if the WiFi is not working. Is the same happening with you on your ASUScomputer? If yes, you need to have the updated ASUS WiFi driver downloaded and installed to fix the problem.
The absence of an appropriate driver leads to connectivity issues, as without the driver, your computer and network adapter fails to exchange information with each other.
Hence, this article talks about the best ways to download the ASUS WiFi driver update and install it.
Without wasting valuable time, let’s begin with the same.
How to download, install, and update ASUS WiFi driver for Windows
You can use the methods shared below to download the ASUS WiFi driver, get it installed, and updated.
Method 1: Download the ASUS WiFi driver through Windows update
With every update, Windows installs the needed drivers as well. Therefore, updating Windows is a way you can use to download and install the updated ASUS WiFi driver. However, this method may sometimes fail if not much time has passed since the driver update’s release. If you want to try this way, you can go along with the following steps.
- Using the combination of keys Windows and I, launch your computer’s settings.
- From the settings panel, select Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the update that Windows suggests for your operating system.
- After finishing the update process, boot the PC again.
Method 2: Download the ASUS WiFi driver update and install it automatically (Recommended)
The method shared above was easy but might not be successful. And other ways to get the updated ASUS WiFi driver downloaded and installed may be too complicated for beginners. And advanced users may find them too time-consuming.
Therefore, we suggest downloading and installing driver updates using an automatic driver updater, such as Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater downloads and installs driver updates with just one click to fix ASUS WiFi not working and other errors.
Moreover, this software also offers a lot of other beneficial features, like driver backup and restore, driver download speed expedition, scheduling of scans, etc.
You can get this software from the link given below.
Once you have downloaded Bit Driver Updater and installed it, wait for two to three seconds till it lists all the out-of-date drivers. Once the outdated drivers are displayed, select the option to Update All.
If updating only the ASUS WiFi driver is what you want, you can pick the Update Now option.
However, experts recommend that you should keep all drivers up-to-date for optimal computer performance.
Method 3: Apply Device Manager to download the WiFi driver for the ASUS computer
You can make use of the Device Manager, i.e., an in-built Windows software to download, install, and update drivers. Following are the directions to do it.
- Using the search function of Windows, look for Device Manager and open it.
- Select Network adapters to see their complete view.
- Right-click on your network adapter and pick the Update driver from the options available to you.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After performing the above steps, make sure to reboot the computer.
Method 4: Get the ASUS WiFi driver downloaded and installed through the official website
You can find and download the WiFi driver update from ASUS’s official website. Below are the detailed instructions to do it.
- Head to ASUS’s Download Center.
- Input your ASUS computer’s model name in the designated space and select it from the dropdown menu. Ours is an ASUS L510 laptop.
- Pick Driver & Tools from the right pane.
- Now, select your CPU or BIOS model name. Ours is E510MA.
- Choose your OS.
- Click Download to get the driver’s executable file downloaded.
- Click doubly on the file that you downloaded in the previous step.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen to finish installing the ASUS WiFi driver.
Method 5: Download the ASUS computer’s WiFi driver from the Microsoft Update Catalog
It is also possible to download and install the latest WiFi driver via the Update Catalog of Microsoft. Here are the step-by-step instructions to do it.
- Travel to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Input WiFi driver in the search box and press the Enter key.
- Download the driver for your WiFi adapter.
- Click on the link that appears on your screen to download the WiFi driver’s executable file.
- Run the downloaded setup and follow the on-screen instructions to install the ASUS WiFi driver update.
Updated ASUS WiFi driver downloaded and installed
Through this article, we discussed how to download the WiFi driver for ASUS computers, install, and update it. You can do so using the above-mentioned methods.
If you wish to download and install drivers with minimal effort, we recommend using Bit Driver Updater.
To get more tech information and how-to guides, stay connected to Innovana Blog.