Do not panic if DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows. Instead of panicking, read this article to fix the issue effortlessly.
As you may already be aware, DirectX enables your computer to handle multimedia, game programming, and video-related tasks with ease. And, helps you play high-end games and perform graphics-intensive tasks effectively. However, things may become difficult to handle if DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error while playing a game, like Call of Duty.
But, now as you have landed on this article, you do not need to panic if DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows 10, 8, 7.
Through this write-up, we show you the best possible ways to fix this error. Without wasting time, let’s begin with it.
Quick and easy fixes for the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error
Below we share various reliable fixes you can implement to solve the DirectX encounter an unrecoverable error on Windows 10, 8, 7.
Fix 1: Review the DirectX requirements of the game
Before moving further to the more complex set of fixes, you should view the game’s DirectX’s requirements and ensure that they are met. Here is how to check the game’s DirectX conditions to fix the unrecoverable error that it encountered.
- Launch the game’s Steam page.
- Check the bottom of the page to locate the game’s DirectX requirements. Below is a still of the system requirements of the game we were recently playing.
- Next, apply the keyboard’s command Windows+R to make the Run utility appear on your screen.
- Enter dxdiag in the on-screen box to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Check the DirectX version you have. If it is anything other than the required one, update DirectX
Fix 2: Make adjustments to the display scaling
Adjusting a few display settings can also help you solve the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Thus, below is how to make these adjustments.
- Make a right-click on the empty desktop space.
- Choose Display Settings from the options that emerge in the popup menu.
- Change Scale and layout to 100%.
- After implementation of the above steps, relaunch the game you were playing when DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error to see if the problem is solved or not.
Fix 3: Allow the graphics card driver to update (Recommended)
Outdated graphics card drivers are a real menace for your PC. It contributes to almost every issue (including DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error) you face while playing your favorite games. Thus, you should update the graphics driver to drive away all these problems.
You can carry out the graphics card driver update by using the Device Manager tool/ the official website of its manufacturer or through an automatic utility (like Bit Driver Updater, it is our favorite).
We suggest following the automatic way (using Bit Driver Updater) as it is far more convenient to get the drivers updated automatically than doing it manually.
With Bit Driver Updater, you can perform driver updates smoothly with a single click. Moreover, the software also facilitates the creation and restoration of driver backups, acceleration of the pace of downloading drivers, and performance of many other driver-related tasks.
We believe you should try this software yourself to take advantage of all its features. Hence, below is the link to get it.
Now that you have downloaded the software and completed its installation, relax and sip your favorite drink for a couple of seconds. In these two to three seconds, Bit Driver Updater locates all the out-of-date drivers your computer has. Once the scan is complete, you can Update All of these drivers to their better version.
If your choice is to update only the driver for your graphics card, Bit Driver Updater lets you perform this action through the Update Now tool.
However, experts always suggest updating all drivers to make the most of your computer.
Fix 4: Update your game
Developers of games like Call of Duty keep releasing updates to fix the bugs, such as DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows 10, 8, 7. Hence, you can download and install the game updates from Steam or the game’s official website to fix the issue.
Fix 5: Get the graphics card driver reinstalled
Improperly installed or corrupted graphics card drivers is also a major reason because of which DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows. Thus, you can reinstall the graphics card driver to solve the issue. Below is the step-by-step direction to do it.
- On your computer, search for Device Manager and launch it.
- Perform a click on Display adapters to unhide them.
- Execute a mouse right-click on your graphics card and select the option that lets you Uninstall the device.
- Mark the option that says Delete the driver software for this device and select the OK button.
- After completing the scan, restart your computer to make Windows reinstall your graphics card driver.
Above, we shared how to solve the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Now, let’s respond to a few related questions so that you don’t have any doubts while troubleshooting this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is the answer to every question you may have about DirectX having an unrecoverable error.
Q1. How to fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Warzone and Modern Warfare?
This article introduced you to various fixes you can use to fix the DirectX unrecoverable error encountered on Warzone and Modern Warfare. You can apply all of them in sequence to reach the ultimate fix or update your PC’s drivers with Bit Driver Updater to solve it instantly.
Q2. What are the causes of a DirectX error?
Here are the most common reasons because of which DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
- DirectX requirements of the game are not met
- Out-of-date drivers of the graphics card
- Incorrectly installed or outdated graphics card
Q3. How to fix the DirectX crash?
You can take the below steps to fix the issues if DirectX is crashing on your computer.
- Update your DirectX version
- Perform a graphics card update
- Reinstall DirectX
DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error: Fixed
This article helped you fix the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error on Windows 10, 8, 7. You can begin the troubleshooting from the first fix and keep moving down until you get the problem fixed or apply the best solution (updating drivers using Bit Driver Updater) directly.
If you think there are other better solutions to this problem, feel free to share the same through the comments section to help all our readers.
To know fixes for other issues and expand your knowledge about the world of tech, stay tuned to this blog.