Gears 5 crash issue can ruin all the excitement that the game offers. Here are all the fixes that you can try when Gears of War 5 keeps crashing. Read on to know more.
Gears of War is one of the video game series that massively contributed to the craze of third-person shooting games among gamers. However, a lot of players are facing crashing issues with its most recent installment, i.e., Gears 5. Hence, today we are going to discuss how to fix the Gear 5 crash. Let’s check out what all you can do to get rid of this issue.
Ways To Fix Gears 5 Crash Issues
Below are the fixes to try when Gears of War 5 keeps crashing.
Method 1: Disable Game Bar
On Windows PC, the Game Bar functions as the gaming overlay. It helps to capture the gameplay and its screenshots. However, it may also collide with the Gears 5 settings and hence cause the game to crash. Do not worry. All you have to do is disable the Game Bar to fix the Gears 5 crash or blue screen issue. Here are some simple steps that you can follow to do so.
- Hit the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Click on the search bar and search for Game Bar settings.
- Then, open Game Bar settings from results.
- Disable the ‘Record game clips, screenshots, broadcast using Game bar‘ switch.
- Select Captures from the menu available on the left side of the Window.
- Disable the ‘Record in the background while I’m playing a game‘ switch.
- Now, select Broadcasting from the menu available on the left side of the Window.
- Disable the ‘Record audio when I broadcast’ switch.
- After that, close the Game Bar settings.
- Now, launch Gears 5
It’s great if disabling Game Bar settings has fixed the Gears of War 5 crashing issues. If not, then try the other listed ways.
Method 2: Reset The Windows 10 Microsoft Store Cache
When you download something on your Windows PC using the Microsoft Store, the OS saves its cache. And constant accumulation of cache hampers the storage of the PC. It eventually causes various problems, including programs and games like Gears 5 crash. But relax. You can resolve the issue with quite ease. All you have to do is to reset the Microsoft Store cache on your Windows 10 PC. Here are the steps that you have to perform.
- Press Windows and R keys on your keyboard altogether.
- Use the Windows Run utility to launch the Windows Store Reset tool. For this, enter wsreset.exe in the Run dialog box and click on OK.
- Then, wait for the tool to reset the Windows Store cache.
- After this, the Microsoft Windows Store gets launched.
- Now, reboot your PC.
- Launch Gears of War 4 game.
After launching the game, if you are not facing the Gears of War 5 crashing issue anymore, then congrats. The problem has got fixed now. However, follow the other helpful fixes provided if the game still gets crashing.
Method 3: Check For OS Updates
Outdated OS version and system software are also one of the key reasons Gears 5 keeps crashing. Hence, you have to update them as soon as possible. Here is all you require to do to check for Windows updates and resolve the Gears of War 5 crashing issues on your Windows 10 PC.
- On your Windows taskbar, find the Start icon.
- Select it by making a click.
- Then, open Windows Settings.
- Now choose & open Updates & Security option in the Settings.
- In Updates & Security, open the Windows Update options.
- The last step is initiating the Windows Update search. You can do it by clicking the Check for updates tab.
If there is some update available for Windows, the system will download & install it automatically. After that, you have to reboot your PC and launch Gears 5. Check if updating OS has resolved the crashing issues of the game.
Method 4: Get The Latest Version Of DirectX
DirectX plays a crucial role in making the games and applications interact with your PC’s audio and video card. So, if you do not have the latest version of DirectX, then the chances of facing crashing issues are quite high.
You have to keep the DirectX updated to avoid crashing issues with Gears 5 and other high-end graphics requiring games and apps. Here is how you can upgrade the outdated DirectX.
- Go to Microsoft’s DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer webpage.
- Choose language.
- Download DirectX setup.
- Run the setup and install DirectX on your PC. Do not worry. You only have to follow the instructions given by the setup.
- After installing it, restart your PC.
- Now, launch Gears 5 to verify if updating DirectX has fixed Gears 5 crash issues or not.
Method 5: Disable Sound Card (Only For X-Fi Sound Card Users)
While reading several forums, we got to know that users of the X-Fi sound card have faced some tough time playing Gears of War 5. Some of the forum members have shared that disabling the X-Fi sound card helps when Gears of War 5 keeps crashing constantly. It enables the players to play the game smoothly.
So, if you have an X-Fi sound card on your PC, then you can try disabling it. The fix has worked for many Gears5 players.
Method 6: Power Cycle Xbox One (Only For Those Who Play Gears 5 On Xbox One)
If you play Gears 5 on your Xbox One and the game keeps crashing, then you can try to power cycle the console. It helps in fixing several problems on the gaming console. Below is the proper guide to perform the power cycle and resolve Gears of War 5 crashing issues on Xbox One.
- Turn the power button of the Xbox Once console off. While doing it, you have to press and hold the button for almost 10 seconds.
- Now, detach all the connected power cables.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Reconnect all the cables.
- Restart your Xbox One console.
Method 7: Reinstall Gears of War 5
If nothing has worked for you to resolve the Gears 5 crash issues on your PC, then the problem might be with the game itself. Maybe the game has not got installed properly. Hence, we suggest you reinstall Gears of War 5 on your Windows PC. For this, you first have to perform uninstallation of the game. Here are the steps that one must follow to reinstall Gears 5.
- On your Windows taskbar, click the Start icon.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar of the Windows OS.
- Open Control Panel from the results.
- Choose Programs.
- Find Gears 5 and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstalling the game completely, download it again from the Microsoft Store or any other reliable source on the Web.
- Install the downloaded setup of Gears 5.
- And then, launch it to check if reinstallation has worked to fix the crashing issues or not.
Method 8: Update Outdated Graphics Driver
It’s the graphics driver that keeps the high-end GPU of your Windows PC functioning properly. If the driver for your graphics card gets corrupted or outdated, it may cause a lot of trouble. It even leads to apps and games like Gears 5 crash on your PC. To fix them, you should update the driver for your graphics hardware. And it’s quite better if you use Bit Driver Updater to update your PC drivers. The has plenty of benefits to offer to the users.
Benefits Of Updating Drivers With Bit Driver Updater
Below we have listed the prominent benefits of using Bit Driver Updater to update drivers on Windows PC.
- It saves a lot of time for its users by resolving all the driver issues with a single click.
- The interface seems pretty friendly.
- It also reduces your worries about performing regular driver scans & updates. There is a feature to perform scans for driver issues automatically as per the set schedule.
- Bit Driver Updater also safeguards the existing drivers with its driver backup creation tool.
The list of Bit Driver Updater benefits is pretty long. You can have a detailed overview of the program by checking our review of it.
Along with this, it is pretty simple to download, install, and use Bit Driver Updater. Just download the utility, run the installer, and then launch the installed tool to update your PC drivers.
What Worked For You To Fix Gears 5 Crash Issue?
So, that’s all we know about fixing the Gears 5 crash issues. We hope the information shared in this gaming issue resolver guide has helped you. All the above fixes are effective in their specific situations. Hence, if Gears 5 keeps crashing after trying a particular method, we suggest you try the other ones as well.
Lets us know what worked for you to fix the Gears of War 5 crashing issue in the comments.