We cannot carry the printer everywhere or run to the printing machine to print something urgently. Perhaps, that’s why wireless printers that can print from the phone were invented. For Android users, it is quite easy to take care of their printing needs through the phone. However, how to print from an iPhone is what many people find confusing and complicated.
Since you have read this article so far, we can safely assume that you are here in search of how to set up a printer on an iPhone and print from it. Well, through this post, we are going to show you the easiest possible ways to print email, pictures, or documents from your iPhone effortlessly.
Methods for How to Print from iPhone and iPad
Below is how you can print anything ranging from photos to email documents from your iPhone.
Method 1: Print using AirPrint
If you are confused about what AirPrint is, it is a feature Apple provides in its macOS and iOS operating systems. Using this feature, you can print from your phone without downloading and installing any printer driver. It uses a wireless LAN (wiFi) and an AirPrint-enabled printing machine to give you high-quality print output.
Before moving ahead, you must make sure that the following two prerequisites are taken care of.
- You have an AirPrint-enabled printer.
- Both your printer and phone are connected to the same wireless network.
If you fulfill both the above requirements, then below is how to print from an iPhone using AirPrint.
- Open the app such as email or photo gallery you need to print from.
- Open the document, PDF, or picture you wish to print.
- Now, tap on share button
- Scroll down and touch or Print option.
- Touch Select Printer and then tap on your printer.
Image Source: Canon
- Select the number of copies you want to print, color, and other print settings.
- Tap on the Print option present on the top-right corner.
Above was how to print photos or email from an iPhone using AirPrint. If you do not find this method convenient and are looking for how to print from an iPhone without AirPrint, then you can choose the next way.
Know More: How to Clear the Cache on iPhone
Method 2: Print using Printer Manufacturer’s App
If you do not want to use AirPrint or your printer is not AirPrint enabled, you can print using the printer manufacturer’s application. Different printer manufacturers have their apps to help you print anything from anywhere.
Below we talk about the two big players in the printing industry, i.e., HP and Canon.
Printing from iPhone on HP printer
Here is how to print from iPhone to HP printer.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Download and install the HP Smart printer application.
- Connect your printer and phone to the same wireless network.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Give the necessary Bluetooth and location permissions.
- If your printer is not detected automatically, tap the printer’s name and follow the on-screen prompts to connect iPhone to the printer.
- After completing the setup, tap Print and select the document you wish to print.
- Touch the Print icon to begin printing.
You can also use the HP Smart app to print on your iPad. Let’s discuss the same below.
Printing from iPad on HP printer
Below is how to print from iPad to wireless HP printer without AirPrint.
- Connect your printer and iPad to the same wireless network.
- Download and install the HP Smart app on your iPad.
- Open the application you installed in the previous step.
- If the app fails to detect your printer automatically, choose Add from the top and select your printer from the list that appears.
- Complete the setup and tap Print.
- Select your document and tap the Print icon to begin printing.
Printing from iPhone on Canon printer
Below we share how to print from iPhone to Canon printer.
- Download and install the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app from the App Store.
- Turn on the printer and launch the application installed in the last step.
- Tap Yes to complete the printer setup if you get something like the below screenshot. After completing the setup, jump to step no. 7. If you do not get this dialog box, then follow the next steps.
- Select add printer button from the top left corner.
- Tap OK to turn on the Bluetooth.
- Touch the printer name.
- Ensure your printer is displayed at the top.
- Now, open the application and tap Photo Print.
- Choose the photo you want to print, and then choose Select.
- Select Next.
- Mention the printer, size of the paper, and other details.
- Tap the Print option.
Above was how to connect a Canon printer to an iPhone without AirPrint. These steps are somewhat similar for iPad users. Now, let’s move to the last way to get the printing job done from iPhone.
Method 3: Use a Third-Party Application
If the above two methods did not work out for you, then we have another idea about how to print from iPhone. You can perform this task using any reliable third-party application available on the App Store. Some of the best apps for this purpose are Printopia and Printer Pro.
In the above section, we discussed how to print from iPhone without AirPrint as well as with it. Now, let’s address some frequently asked questions.
Know More: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from iPhone
Frequently asked questions(FAQs): How to Print from an iPhone, iPad with or without AirPrint
Q1. Can I print directly from my iPhone?
You can print from your iPhone directly through a wireless printer using AirPrint, the printer manufacturer’s application, or a third-party app. The above section discussed all these methods in detail.
Q2. How can I print from my iPhone without AirPrint?
It is quite simple to print from your iPhone without using AirPrint. To do this, you can either get the printer manufacturer’s application from the App Store or use a third-party app. For detailed information, read the first section of this article.
Q3. Why is my printer not showing up on AirPrint?
Network connection issues may be the reason why your printer is not shown on AirPrint. Below are some hacks to fix up your printer.
- Ensure both printer and iPhone/iPad are connected to the same wifi network.
- Make sure your printer is AirPrint enabled.
Q4. How to add the printer to the iPhone?
You can follow these steps to add your printer to your iPhone.
- Update your iOS and printer’s firmware.
- Connect your printer and iPhone to the same wifi network.
- Open the app you wish to print from.’
- Open the page, photo, or document you need to print.
- Select the Print option.
- Tap on your printer set the print specifications, and select Print.
Closing Words on How to Print from iPhone and iPad
This article was your go-to guide on how to print from iPhone or iPad with/without AirPrint. You can use the methods shared here to get your printing task accomplished in just a few minutes with minimum effort. We hope you liked this post, do share your views and suggestions about it through the comments section.