Have you ever experienced any issues with your keyboard, speakers, or any other device of your Windows 10 PC? It might be because you have some problematic drivers. Erroneous drivers can cause some of the common system-related issues such as BSOD error, problematic functioning of a particular device, etc. However, you can efficiently resolve this issue. You are just required to update device drivers on Windows 10 PC. First of all, let’s understand about device drivers, then we’ll move to the possible ways to update drivers on Windows 10 PC.
Device drivers are the program that is required to control your system devices. These are also quite essential for the standard functioning of your system hardware. For example, your speakers cannot emit any kind of sound without proper sound drivers. So, that’s the importance of device drivers on any computer. Along with installing suitable drivers on your computer, you have to regularly update them as well. However, some people may find it tough to update device drivers on Windows 10. Hence, in this write-up, we have provided some of the possible methods to update device drivers. So, without further ado, let’s move on to the different methods of updating drivers.
How to Update Device Drivers on Windows 10 PC
Here we have mentioned some of the most effective methods to update device drivers on Windows 10. Prepare a Restore Point
Before you proceed with updating the drivers, it is advisable to prepare a restore point. Preparing a restore point provides you an opportunity to switch back to your previous version of drivers if your updated driver is creating any trouble. Here are the steps that you can take to ensure a restore point for any existing drivers on Windows 10.
1. First of all, click on the “Start” icon.
2. Now, search for Create a restore point in the search box.
3. Click on the top search result.
4. Now just click on Create and while doing that check that the Protection is enabled or not. If it is not, then enable it as well.
5. Name it, and wait for the creation of restore point to finish.
Also Read: How to Update Audio Drivers on Windows 10
Update Device Drivers via Windows Update
When we talk about updating device drivers on Windows 10, the most simple method that comes to our mind is updating drivers through Windows Update. This is the most commonly used method to update device drivers on Windows 10. Here are the steps that you can follow to update drivers via Windows Update.
1. Click on the Start icon.
2. Then select the settings icon.
3. In Windows Settings, you have to select Update & Security.
4. Now, click on Check for updates in Windows Updates.
Once you click on Check for Updates, Windows starts scanning for the latest drivers available for your devices. If it finds one, then it automatically downloads the updated version of the driver. However, the method doesn’t seem effective sometimes. Hence, people usually do not prefer this method to update some specific drivers.
Update Device Drivers via Device Manager
Here comes one of the most effective but time-consuming methods to update device drivers. If you are looking to update some specific drivers on your system, then this is the best manual method to update your driver. Here are the steps that you can follow to update your drivers via Device Manager.
1. First of all, type Device Manager in the Windows search box.
2. Click on the top search result.
3. Now, you’ll see a lot of hardware categories in the Device Manager. Click on the specific category of the device driver you want to update.
4. After that, you have to right-click on the device driver that you want to update.
5. Select Update driver from the drop-down list.
6. Now, it will ask you the method through which you want to search for your drivers. Select Search automatically for updated driver software from the options provided. However, if you have already downloaded the updated driver or have its INF files, then you can also select Browse my computer for driver software.
7. After opting Search automatically for updated driver software option, Windows automatically starts searching for the latest version of driver both on the internet and offline as well. If there is an update available, Windows automatically downloads it and updates your device drivers.
So this is how you can update device drivers on Windows 10 using the Device Manager. However, as this method is quite time consuming, we do not prefer it. Instead of it, you can use some best driver updater tool just like ITL Driver Updater.
Also Read: How to Update Graphics Drivers on Windows 10 Easily
Update Device Drivers on Windows 10 through ITL Driver Updater
If you don’t like to update your device drivers manually, then this method is for you. No matter if you are a tech geek or a complete novice computer user, everyone can use the ITL Driver Updater tool. The utility helps you to update your device drivers quite efficiently and effectively. If you are not familiar with the features of this popular driver updater utility, then let’s discuss some of its salient features.
- ITL Driver Updater can fix all your system problems related to device drivers.
- It is an all in one solution for problems such as system freeze or crash, BSOD errors, uncommon functioning of system devices, etc.
- The utility is fast enough to provide you with the updated drivers in just a few seconds.
- ITL Driver Updater provides some genuine and authentic driver updates from the reliable manufacturers.
- The tool can save you a lot of time that gets wasted in updating drivers manually.
Now, as you all are familiar with this one of the best tools to update device drivers on Windows 10, let’s have a look at the steps to update device drivers via ITL Driver Updater.
1. If you doesn’t have ITL Driver Updater tool installed in your device, then download and install it from here: 2. After installing to driver updater utility, launch it.
3. Once it gets launched, it automatically starts scanning all your device drivers. Let the scan complete. It requires only a few seconds.
4. Now, you’ll be having a list of drivers that needs to be updated. You just need to simply click on Update Now to update any particular driver.
Look, how simple it is to update device drivers on Windows 10 by using an exceptional tool like ITL Driver Updater. Above we have listed all the major methods through which you can update your drivers. Now, it is your choice how you want to update your drivers. However, if you want to save your time and efforts, then we highly recommend you ITL Driver Updater. So, what are you waiting for? Install ITL Driver Updater now and update your device drivers in just a few clicks.
Furthermore, if you want more such information related to your device drivers and Windows 10, subscribe to Innovana blogs.