Getting troubled with the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ issue while playing the game? Here we have multiple solutions to help you connect the other players’ world. Read on to know how to get rid of the ‘unable to connect to world’ Minecraft PE error.
Minecraft is one of the video games that are fun to play always and for everyone. One can play it in survival mode, creative mode, adventure mode, and many more modes. You can create your own world in it and can also connect with other players’ or your friends’ Minecraft world. However, sometimes players may encounter the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ error while doing so. It can spoil all your fun. But do not worry, as here we have brought multiple solutions to the ‘unable to connect to world’ problem.
Before proceeding with the post, we suggest you to check the system requirements of Minecraft to make sure if your computer is capable of running this sandbox video game or not. And if your PC fulfills all the system requirements of the game, then let’s proceed to the fixes to resolve the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ issue.
Solutions To Fix Minecraft Unable to Connect to World Issue
Here we have listed the solutions that can help you to get rid of the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ error and will help you to connect with other players’ Minecraft world again.
Solution 1: Try Re-Adding Your Friend
If you are getting connected to any strangers’ world and only facing the ‘Minecraft bedrock unable to connect to world’ while connecting to your friends’ world, then the issue is in your friend list. In that case, you should try re-adding your friend to your friend list. However, we suggest you to first re-launch the game and reboot the PC before proceeding with this solution.
Once you have restarted the PC & the game both, and still unable to connect to the world of your friend on Minecraft, remove him/her from your friend list. You can do it by typing the following command.
/f remove <username of your friend>
After entering the command, hit the enter key on your keyboard. And then, you can re-add your friend by reinviting him/her.
Now, try connecting to your friend’s world again and check if it still shows the ‘unable to connect to world’ error message or the issue has got resolved now.
Solution 2: Change Setting On Xbox.com
Misconfigured settings on Xbox.com can also cause the ‘unable to connect to world’ error message while playing Minecraft on your Windows 10 PC. Hence, you should try changing the settings. Here is what all you have to do.
- Visit the account settings page of the Xbox website.
- Now, go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Privacy tab and click on it.
- After that, scroll down to the Join multiplayer games option.
- Click on Allow.
- Then, select the submit button to apply the essential changes.
After performing the above steps, check if the ‘Minecraft Xbox one unable to connect to world’ issue persists. If it does, then try the other fixes mentioned below.
Also Read: Fix XBOX ACC Driver Issues On Windows 10, 8, & 7
Solution 3: Try Disabling Windows Firewall
If the firewall of your PC is not functioning properly, then it may cause a lot of problems on your system. It may stop programs from connecting to their servers, and hence you may see the unable to connect to world error while playing Minecraft on your Windows 10 PC. To resolve this, you have to disable the Windows Firewall from blocking Minecraft to connect to its server. Here are the required instructions that you have to follow.
- To access Windows Firewall settings, you have to go to the Control Panel. For that, search Control Panel in the Windows Search box and then click on the open option.
- Set the view by filter to large icons.
- Now, scroll down to the Windows Firewall option and click on it.
- After that, select the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall option available on the left side of the Window.
- Then, check if it allows javaw.exe (Minecraft executable file) to communicate through Windows Firewall. If it does not allow javaw.exe, then select the Change settings option and checkmark all the boxes for javaw.exe, including the Public & Private box.
Now, restart Minecraft and check if the problem got resolved or not.
Solution 4: Update Minecraft Along With Windows
Sometimes, an outdated version of Minecraft or the Windows operating system can also cause problems while you try to connect to other players’ world in Minecraft. Hence, you should also try updating Minecraft along with the Windows to get rid of the Minecraft Windows 10 ‘unable to connect to world’ error message. You do it by following the below instructions.
- On the desktop of your Windows 10 PC, click the start icon.
- Now, select Settings to open the Windows Settings window.
- In the Settings window, select Updates & Security.
- After that, click Windows Update in the menu available on the left side of the window.
- Now, check for the available updates by choosing the Check for updates tab.
If there is an update available, whether it is for the operating system or Minecraft or any other Microsoft application, Windows will download and install it on your computer automatically. And after performing the Windows Update, try connecting to the world of other players in Minecraft.
Also Read: Best Free VPNs for Gaming: Top 12 Fastest VPNs for Gamers in 2020
Solution 5: Disable The Anti-Malware Program Of Your PC
Just like the Windows Firewall, your antivirus software also imposes restrictions on applications from connecting to their server. Hence, it may be possible that your anti-malware program is the reason for the ‘unable to connect to world Minecraft PE’ issue. So, to resolve the problem, you can try disabling your Windows antivirus utility.
Also Read: Best Antivirus for Gaming PC in 2020 (100% working)
Solution 7: Update Network Drivers
Another prominent cause of the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ issue is the faulty network drivers of your Windows PC. Along with this error, your computer is prone to several other network connectivity problems as well if you have outdated, missing, or broken network drivers. Hence, you should always make sure that your PC drivers are up-to-date. However, it can be quite difficult to do it manually. Therefore, we recommend to use a competent & reliable driver updater software like Bit Driver Updater to perform driver update on Windows PC.
Bit Driver Updater serves as a comprehensive solution for all your driver issues. It is a fast, robust, and advanced program to repair PC drivers. Below are some of the luring features of Bit Driver Updater that make it one of the best driver upgrading tools for Windows 10, 8, & 7 users.
- It proves its credibility by providing the latest WHQL certified drivers for your PC.
- You can also keep your existing driver versions safe with its backup creation feature before updating them.
- It allows you to retrieve the previous driver versions from the created backups quite easily.
- The tool also allows its users to set automatic driver scanning schedules.
There are plenty of other features as well in the premium version of Bit Driver Updater. Below are some simple instructions that you have to follow to update your network drivers via this multi-purpose driver updating tool.
- Click here to download Bit Driver Updater.
- Then, install it by following some simple on-screen directions of its setup.
- After that, launch it and start a scan to detect driver problems on your computer by clicking Scan Drivers.
- Scroll the list of detected driver problems and go to the network drivers.
- Click the Update Now button available for the network drivers to update them.
Final Words On Fixing The Minecraft ‘Unable to Connect to World’ Issue
So, these were the fixes that can help you to connect to other players’ world in Minecraft without any problem. We hope that after following the above guide, you have successfully got rid of the ‘Minecraft unable to connect to world’ error message. You can also share the other solutions that have worked for you using the comments section.
Furthermore, if you found this post informative and useful, then subscribe to the Innovana blog.