Read on to learn the best possible ways to download the 802.11ac driver update and get it installed to keep internet issues at bay.
802.11ac WLAN is among the speediest WiFi standards. Despite that, the internet may not work on your computer, or you may get a slow internet connection. All these and many other internet-related problems occur particularly when your computer does not have an 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver downloaded.
The driver connects your computer to the wireless adapter, so they can effectively communicate. And you get an undisturbed internet connection.
Moreover, to avoid annoying issues like the internet not working, it is also essential to perform regular driver updates.
Therefore, through this article, we talk about various methods to download, install, and update the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver for Windows.
Without taking much of your precious time, let’s proceed straight to them.
Methods to download 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver, install, and update it
You can implement the methods shared below to download the updated 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver and install it.
Method 1: Get the updated 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver downloaded and installed automatically
Before proceeding towards the more technical and not-so beginner-friendly methods, let’s take a look at the easiest way to download and install updated drivers.
Like many experts (including us), you can download and install driver updates easily using automatic software.
There is plenty of software available in the market. However, we prefer and recommend using Bit Driver Updater for a variety of reasons. For instance, this software allows you to perform one-click driver updates and installations.
Moreover, it also provides a lot of extremely useful features, like backups and restoration of drivers, acceleration of driver download pace, scheduled scans, and more.
Following is the link to get this wonderful software installed on your PC.
Once you have the software installed, wait for it to show you all the outdated drivers (it needs only a few seconds to do so). When all the out-of-date drivers come up, Update All to the newest version.
If you think it is a better option to update only the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver, you may use the Update Now function.
However, as recommended by the experts, you should update every driver for impeccable PC performance.
Also Read: How To Download Realtek WiFi Driver For Windows 10, 8, 7
Method 2: Employ Device Manager to download 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver for free
Windows offers an in-house system called Device Manager to perform driver downloads and installations. Below are the steps to use it to download the updated 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver and install it.
- In the “Type here to search” box, enter Device Manager and choose it from the on-screen results.
- Click doubly on the Network Adapters to get their complete view.
- Right-click on the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver and pick the option named Update driver.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After Windows has successfully found and downloaded the needed driver, restart the computer to install it.
Method 3: Allow the OS to update
Carrying out an operating system update is also among the techniques to update drivers. However, you may not always be able to download and install drivers this way. Windows may sometimes be unable to find the latest driver update (if it is released only a while ago), download, and install it. Still, you can implement the below-mentioned steps to try your luck.
- Apply the Windows+I keyboard shortcut to launch settings.
- Pick Update & Security from the panel on your screen.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the update that is recommended for your computer.
- Finally, reboot the PC to complete the update process.
Method 4: Download the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver via Microsoft Update Catalog
You can also free download the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver update and install it from Microsoft’s Update Catalog. Following are the detailed directions to do it.
- Travel to the Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Input 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver in the search box.
- Download the latest available 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver update for your operating system.
- Click on the on-screen link to download the driver’s executable file.
- Click doubly on the downloaded file to run it.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the installation of the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver for Windows.
Also Read: How To Download & Update Wifi Driver On Windows 10
802.11ac WLAN adapter driver downloaded and installed
Through this article, we highlighted methods to download the 802.11ac WLAN adapter driver, install, and update it. You can implement any of the above ways to complete this task effectively.
However, if you want to know our favorite method, we download and install updated drivers with Bit Driver Updater. And recommend the same to all our readers for their convenience.
For more guides and tech information, stay connected with Innovana Techlabs Blog.