Get the Realtek WiFi driver’s latest version downloaded and installed to avoid internet problems and other issues. Read on to know the most effective ways to do it.
How do you feel when web pages take ages to load, downloads take unusually long to complete, and you get no internet? Well, this situation is undoubtedly annoying. But you can dodge it or fix it if you download the Realtek WiFi driver’s updated version and install it on your computer.
Now, you must be wondering why you need a driver in the first place. We have an easy explanation for it. Drivers work as a translator for your PC. They translate your instructions to a language that your computer can understand.
If there is no Realtek WiFi driver installed, your computer won’t understand and execute your commands correctly. And, this leads to all sorts of inconveniences while using the internet.
Therefore, through this post, we highlight how to install the Realtek WiFi driver in Windows 10 and update it.
However, if you do not want to go through all the methods to get the Realtek WiFi network adapter, you can follow the editor’s recommendation.
Editor’s recommendation to download Realtek wireless driver for Windows 64 bit / 32 bit
There are plenty of ways to get the Realtek Wireless LAN driver for Windows 10. However, in our view, it is best to download it safely, easily, and quickly with Bit Driver Updater. This software fetches the WHQL certified and compatible driver updates with just one click. Moreover, it also offers many additional features, like the much-needed driver backup and restores tool, driver download speed accelerator, etc. You can click on the below link to experience these and other fantastic features of this software yourself.
Methods to Download, Install and Update the Realtek WiFi Driver on Windows 10,8,7
Below we share various ways to get the Realtek WiFi driver downloaded, installed, and updated on Windows 10, 8, and 7 (both 64 Bit and 32 Bit).
Method 1: Download the Realtek WiFi Driver via the official Website
The official website is among the most preferred sources to get the updated Realtek WiFi driver downloaded and installed. However, before you proceed further, follow the path Settings>System>About to find your computer’s operating system. After noting down the OS, follow these steps to get the required drivers.
- Click here to navigate to Realtek’s official website.
- Click on the three horizontal bars present at the top left corner of the screen.
- Choose Downloads from the menu that appears.
- Select Communications Network ICs from the visible menu.
- Choose the Sub-category Wireless LAN ICs from the Product Line menu.
- Find your product from the available options and click on Software. Ours is RTL8723DE.
- Click on the Download icon to get the install package of the Realtek WiFi driver downloaded.
- Double click on the downloaded package and install the Realtek WiFi driver on your computer.
Method 2: Get the Realtek WiFi driver’s Updated Version Downloaded with Device Manager
Using Device Manager is also among the top methods to download, install, and update the Realtek WiFi driver manually. Though it needs a bit of patience and technical skills to download the updated driver this way, you can follow these steps to do it.
- Using the shortcut command Windows+X, open the Quick Access menu.
- Pick Device Manager from the menu on your screen.
- After the Device Manager opens, unhide the category of Network Adapters by double-clicking on it.
- Right-click on the Realtek Wireless LAN driver and choose the Update driver option.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Let Windows finish the download and installation of the required Realtek WiFi driver.
- Lastly, allow your computer to restart.
Method 3: Get Realtek WiFi driver download via Windows Update
Updating the operating system is also among the most used methods to get the outdated drivers updated. However, its success is dependent on how new drivers are. Windows may sometimes fail to detect the very recently released drivers. Still, you can follow these directions to try downloading the Realtek wireless LAN driver this way.
- Make use of the keyboard shortcut Windows+I to launch Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Check for updates.
- Download the suggested update and install it.
- After completing the process, restart your computer.
Method 4: Download, Install, and Update the Realtek WiFi Driver Automatically (Recommended)
So far, we have looked at all the manual ways to get the updated Realtek WiFi adapter drivers downloaded and installed on Windows 10. As you can see, these methods are a lot of effort and time taking. Therefore, we suggest you update drivers automatically with driver updater programs to save time and energy.
You can use the best driver updater, such as Bit Driver Updater to do the needful. This software lets you backup and restore your drivers, accelerate the driver download speed, and provide many such benefits to help you update drivers effortlessly.
We have reviewed Bit Driver Updater in much more detail in one of our posts. You can go through it to know the detailed information about this software.
Below is how you can download, install, and update the Realtek WiFi driver with Bit Driver Updater.
- Click on the link below to download the install package of Bit Driver Updater.
- Double click the downloaded installer and complete the software installation.
- Allow Bit Driver Updater to perform a complete PC scan for a few seconds.
- Review the results and click on Update All to get all the outdated drivers updated instantly.
If you wish to update just the Realtek WiFi driver, click on the Update Now option visible next to it. However, it is always suggested to update all the drivers for error-free and smooth computer performance.
After learning how to get the Realtek wireless LAN driver downloaded, installed, and updated, let’s answer a few common questions related to it.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. What is Realtek WiFi?
In the simplest terms, Realtek WiFi is a network system with single chips to get high-speed wireless internet access. One of the core features of these chips is that they are low in energy consumption. However, they need an appropriate Realtek WiFi driver for Windows 10 to function properly.
Q2. What is the latest version of the Realtek WiFi driver?
At the time of composing this article, the latest version of the Realtek WiFi driver is RTL8192EU Wireless LAN Driver. For the proper internet connectivity without any errors, you must have the updated Realtek WiFi driver for Windows 10 installed at all times.
Q3. How do I reinstall the Realtek WiFi adapter?
You can take these steps to reinstall the Realtek WiFi adapter driver for Windows 10.
- Bring up the in-built driver management tool, i.e., Device Manager on your screen.
- Click on Network Adapters to get their complete view.
- Right-click on the Realtek WiFi adapter and select Uninstall device.
- Select the Delete the driver software for this device option.
- Click on OK/Uninstall.
- After the uninstallation completes, restart the computer to let Windows install the Realtek Wireless LAN driver again.
Q4. How do I fix my Realtek WiFi adapter?
An outdated driver is among the top reasons your Realtek WiFi adapter is not functioning correctly. Thus, you need to update its driver to fix it. You can perform the driver update manually or automatically through Bit Driver Updater.
Q5. How can I install a Realtek WiFi driver without a CD?
Installing the Realtek Wireless LAN driver for Windows 10 without a CD is possible, both manually and automatically. We suggest you do it automatically using Bit Driver Updater, i.e., one of the best driver update programs.
Q6. How Do I get WHQL certified Realtek WiFi driver on Windows PC?
To get the WHQL certified Realtek WiFi driver for Windows 10, you must download it from a reliable source. Two such sources are its official website and authentic driver updaters, such as Bit Driver Updater. We recommend the latter as it is a lot safer, convenient, and faster to download drivers via this software than doing it the other way.
Realtek WiFi driver Downloaded, Installed, and Updated
Through this article, we brought to light various ways to download, install, and update the Realtek WiFi driver on Windows 10, 8, 7. You can apply any of these methods to complete the task.
However, we recommend you use Bit Driver Updater to get the required drivers downloaded, installed, and updated. This software updates drivers in a single click and solves different problems related to drivers.
For more tech guides, updates, and software recommendations, subscribe to and bookmark our blog.