You must have the CH340G driver update downloaded and installed to avoid annoying problems with the adapter. This article shows how to do it quickly and easily.
As you may already know, CH340G helps you connect serial devices to your computer. However, this USB to UART device adapter may malfunction if there is no CH340G driver to support it.
A CH340G driver for Windows is the interface your computer requires to communicate with the adapter. Without a correctly installed and up-to-date driver, the communication between the system and adapter breaks, causing various issues.
Therefore, this article walks you through different ways to download, install, and update the CH340G driver for Windows 11, 10, and 7. Without wasting any more time, let’s begin with them.
Methods to Download, Install, and Update CH340G Driver for Windows
You may follow the ways shared below to download the CH340G driver update and install it on Windows 10, 11, or 7.
Method 1: Download the CH340G driver via Arduino’s Official Website
Downloading drivers from the manufacturer’s website is considered one of the safest ways to get the required driver. However, you must be aware of your computer’s make and model to get the correct drivers.
You may go along the path Settings>System>About to know your device’s details. After getting the system information, you can follow the below steps to download and install the CH340G driver for Windows.
- Navigate to the support page of Arduino.
- Click on the latest driver version (depending on your operating system). We want to download the CH340G Windows 10, 64 Bit driver.
- Click doubly on the downloaded driver file to unzip and run it.
- Follow the directions appearing on your screen to complete the CH340G driver installation.
Also Read: Ways to Fix USB C Port Not Working Issues in Windows 10
Method 2: Download the CH340G Driver Update Using Device Manager
All Windows computers contain a tool, named Device Manager, to execute and manage all tasks related to drivers. Following are the steps to use it to get the updated CH340G driver installed on your system.
- Input Device Manager in the search box present on the taskbar.
- Select the top result to launch the Device Manager.
- Now, click on the category of Ports. If you do not see a USB-Serial device, check the Other devices.
- Right-click the USB-Serial device (the Ports category displays it as USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM3).
- From the context menu that appears, choose Update driver.
- Search automatically for drivers. In some Windows versions, this option is visible as “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Allow Windows to search for CH340G driver update, download, and install it on your computer.
- After completing the above process, restart your device.
Method 3: Perform an Update of Your Operating System
Updating the operating system is also a popular way to download missing drivers and update the outdated ones. You can also update Windows to download the CH340G driver for Windows 7, 10, or 11. However, the success of this method is a bit doubtful as Windows often fails to find the very newly released drivers. Still, you may follow these directions to give it a chance.
- Right-click the Start (Windows) icon on your computer to call up the Quick Access menu.
- Choose Settings from the menu available to you.
- From the Settings panel, select Update & Security.
- After the Update & Security window appears, Check for updates.
- Download and install the update recommended by Windows for your computer.
- After downloading the latest update and installing it, restart your computer.
Also Read: Guide To Install And Download USB-Serial Controller D Driver
Method 4: Download the CH340G Driver for Windows 11, 10, and 7 Automatically (Recommended)
Many users (including us) feel the above-mentioned manual methods to download and install the CH340G driver update for Windows 7, 10, and 11 are quite complicated. If you also think the same, we have got you covered.
You may download and install driver updates hassle-freely with the top automatic driver updater software, such as Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater offers single-click automatic driver updates. And, it also comes with many useful tools, like driver backup and restore, acceleration of the pace of downloading drivers, scheduling of driver scans, etc.
- You may make a click on the following link to get Bit Driver Updater downloaded and installed on your device.
- After installing the software from the above link, you need to wait for two to three seconds to get notified about all the outdated drivers existing on your machine.
- Once the out-of-date drivers appear, you can Update All of them to their best possible version.
- If you find it more appropriate to update only the driver for the CH340G adapter, you may make use of the Update Now tool to perform the task.
However, tech experts suggest updating all drivers to ensure an error-free and buttery smooth computer performance.
Also Read: How to Update MTP USB Driver On Windows
CH340G Driver Update Downloaded and Installed
Through this article, we brought to your attention ways to download, install, and update the CH340G driver for Windows 7 and above operating systems. You may use the method you are most comfortable with.
However, we strongly recommend updating drivers automatically through Bit Driver Updater to ensure you get the correct drivers safely and effortlessly.
We are soon going to return with another useful article on some interesting tech topic. Meanwhile, you can explore Innovana Techlabs Blog to read other articles of your interest.