To free up space and keep the data safe, we transfer our favorite pictures and other files to a little tool, i.e., a storage card. But, sometimes, when you want to view the data stored in the memory card, your PC refuses to cooperate and show the needed files. Ever wondered why this happens? Well, the reason is the card reader driver, i.e., the channel of communication between your computer and the card is missing, incompatible, or outdated. The only fix is downloading the appropriate driver. Therefore, this typewritten note discusses the ways to download Realtek Card Reader Driver with ease.
Along with the methods of downloading and installing the driver, here, we shall also go through the best way to update the Realtek Card Reader Driver in no time.
Let’s now proceed to download and install the driver and, after that, we will update it.
Simple Methods to Download Realtek Card Reader Driver and Install It
Below are the quickest and the most straightforward ways through which you can download Realtek Card Reader Driver, install, and update it.
Method 1: Download Realtek Card Reader Driver from the Official Website
One way of downloading, installing, and updating the Realtek Card Reader Driver is through the official Realtek website. Travel with the steps mentioned below to download, install, and update the driver in this way.
- Visit the Realtek website.
- Click on the three horizontal links present on the top left corner and expand the “Downloads” category.
- Choose “Computer Peripheral ICs” from the options that you see.
- Click on the Product Line arrow and select “Card Reader Solutions” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Software.”
- Click the download icon to get the required driver installation file.
- After the driver installation file downloads, follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install Realtek Card Reader Driver.
Also Read: 8 Fixes for Install Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure Error (100% Working)
Method 2: Use Device Manager to Install the Realtek Card Reader Driver
Another way to download Realtek Card Reader Driver, install, and update it is through Device Manager. Below is how to use this in-built tool to get the needed drivers.
- Press the Windows and R key on your keyboard in unison to launch Run box.
- In the box, type “devmgmt.msc” and click “OK” to open Device Manager.
- After the Device Manager comes on the screen, expand the section of “Memory technology devices.”
- Right click on the Realtek Card Reader and choose “Update driver.”
- Select “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
- Wait patiently for Windows to detect and install the latest version of Realtek Card Reader Driver on your computer.
Now, after downloading and installing the drivers, let’s learn about the methods to update them so that you do not encounter any errors while connecting the memory card to your computer.
Also Read: SD Card Not Detected on Windows 10: Solved
Quick Methods to Update Realtek Card Reader Driver
Below is how to update the Realtek Card Reader Driver easily and quickly.
Method 1: Update Windows
One possible way to download Realtek Card Reader Driver and update is through updating the operating system. Below is how to do it.
- In the Run box, type “ms-settings:windowsupdate.”
- After the update window appears, click on the “Check for updates” option.
- Download the detected operating system update to get the latest drivers.
Method 2: Update Realtek Card Reader Driver Automatically
If you do not want to go through the tedious process of downloading, installing, and updating the drivers manually, then get Bit Driver Updater. This tool does the task automatically for you and also makes the performance of your computer fast and utterly smooth. First, let’s talk about the steps to use this incredible software, then we will discuss more of its benefits.
Steps to Use Bit Driver Updater
- Download, install, and run Bit Driver Updater.
- Let the utility perform an automatic device scan.
- Once the scan results come up, click on “Update Now” to update the driver for Realtek Card Reader. You can also update all drivers one mouse click by selecting “Update All.”
Now, let’s discuss the advantages of this utility that instigated us to recommend it.
Top Advantages of Bit Driver Updater
- Downloads and installs drivers certified by WHQL.
- Elevates the PC’s speed by 50%.
- Hosts an effortless driver backup and restore option.
- Lets you exclude a driver from the scan.
- It is a multilingual software for all the latest versions of Windows.
- The driver database of Bit Driver Updater is huge.
Above were only the key benefits of this tool, click on the below link to get this utility and know more about its advantages.
Realtek Card Reader Driver Download: Completed Successfully
This post helped us successfully download Realtek Card Reader driver, install, and update it. In case you face any difficulties while following the methods listed above, then feel free to contact us via the below comment box. You can also share any ideas or suggestions that you may have about our blog. We will back soon. Till then, stay connected with us.