Find and download the best equalizer apps for Android from this write-up and get all the power over your audio settings in a jiff.
Are you a Musicophile ? Then, you must be listening to music on your phone. But most Android phones lack proper bass booster in their music players, and hence you will be in need of best equalizer apps for Android. The bass plays an important role in music as it refers to the tones of low pitch and ranges from 16 to 256 Hz. The bass plays a variety of musical roles.
Android phones with Android 5.0 and above do come with a built-in five-band equalizer that can be adjusted for achieving the right bass impact on music & sound, yet it often doesn’t yield satisfactory results. Therefore, equalizer apps come into the picture. In this blog, we will take a look at such apps in detail.
What are the Best Equalizer Apps for Android in 2022
Below described in this article are the pros and cons of the top 20 equalizer apps available to boost the bass of your Android phone’s sound system and normalize its sound as well.
|Apps||Free Version||Size(MB)||Equalizer Band||Presets||Database||Android Support||Download Link|
|Music Volume EQ||Available||9.1||5||9||50,000,000+||4.1+||Download|
|Bass Booster & Equalizer||Available||9.7||5||10||10,000,000+||4.4+||Download|
|Equalizer Music Player Booster||Available||Varies With Device||7||10||10,000,000+||4.0||Download|
What are the Best Equalizer Apps for Android Phone [Latest 2022]
Below described in this article are the pros and cons of top 20 equalizer apps available to boost the bass of your Android phone’s sound system and normalize its sound as well.
1. Equalizer FX
One of the best Android equalizers with widget function
This equalizer app has a simply designed user interface. It has three main sections, namely – Equalizer, Effects, and Profiles. Apart from this, it is easy as pie to adjust configurations of this software. It is not all and it boasts several other features as well. Let’s discuss all of them.
Features of Equalizer FX
- This bass booster app is capable of improving your music listening experience over any medium.
- The app provides twelve presets with multiple options.
- It comes into effect instantaneously when you start playing music.
- This app can also act as a Bass booster.
- It also works with applications such as Pandora, Spotify, and more.
- There is a loudness enhancer to increase the loudness according to your needs
- Easy to use.
- Improved stereo effects
- Boasts a plethora of advanced features.
- Add multiple presets
- Contains little annoying advertisements.
- It does not support FM radio.
- No features to change pitch or playback speed.
An equalizer for Android made especially for users with hearing difficulties
This app is an equalizer conventionally. What it does is restore the sound of the system rather than distorting it. The parameters which come into account for better sound quality are signal frequency range, speakers frequency response, and psychoacoustics.
Another plus point of this app that made it feature in this list of the best equalizers for Android is that it does not require many phone permissions.
Features of Neutralize
- It tests the hearing ability in the main frequency ranges to tune in the system equalizer accordingly.
- You can save presets for environments like home speakers, car speakers, and more.
- The app modifies the amplification path to provides the best audio result.
- One of the best features of Neutralize is the digital conversion that makes the audio clearer.
- Improves the sound quality of both speakers and headphones
- Multiple presets and bands
- This app isn’t completely free, as there are in-app purchases.
- It may not function in its entirety on all devices as some phones impose restrictions on third-party applications.
Read More: Best Android Optimizer and Booster Apps
3. Music Volume EQ – Equalizer & Booster
Best equalizer for Android with two interesting themes
This is perhaps one of the best equalizers and boosters available on the internet. Unlike other random equalizer apps for Android, this application performs perfectly with almost all the audio players. Moreover, it also boasts several other praiseworthy features that are enough to delight any music enthusiast. We share them below.
Features of Music Volume EQ
- It is inclusive of the standard five-band EQ together with the nine EQ presets.
- The volume control, bass boost, and loudness enhancement features are incredible.
- The app performs well with most video players too.
- It also boasts a 3D virtualizer effect and stereo-led VU meter.
- There is a home screen widget and an option to use the system equalizer.
- Quite easy to use
- It does not drain the battery of your phone.
- It won’t work with everything you wish to use.
- You cannot remove the ads.
4. Bass Booster & Equalizer
The easiest to install equalizer for Android
This is one of the most trusted equalizer apps by music lovers across the globe. What attracted us to this application is it is as simple as ABC to install and use this app. Apart from this, it boasts almost all the features that any music enthusiast would need. Below is a glimpse of them all.
Features of Bass Booster & Equalizer
- Here you get ten preset equalizations.
- There are 16 exciting and colorful themes to choose from.
- Installing and using the app is an easy-breezy thing.
- Works with almost all music and video players.
- You can also get a stereo surround sound effect on your phone.
- You also get a Cool Spectrum, notification control, and three widgets.
- It boasts the availability of a customizable preset.
- Intuitive interface.
- Improves sound quality.
- Best presets
- Contains small ads that might bother you.
- Does not have all the high-end features available with most of the other apps.
5. Equalizer Music Player Booster
One of the best headphone app for Android with background play mode
This app markets itself as the best all-in-one music player. And we are pleased to share that it is somewhat correct in its claims. One thing that we like the most about this software is that it allows us to use other applications while listening to music. Apart from this, here’re the other top features, upsides, and downsides of using it.
Features of Equalizer Music Player Booster
- It has ten genre-based pro sound presets
- Here you can save and edit your custom presets
- It has a queue system that enables you to prepare your checklist in advance
- It is one of those apps that allows you to edit the metadata of the soundtracks.
- There is a DJ mode that handles the transitions automatically.
- You can play the songs in random mode with its shuffle function.
- Its music progression bar allows you to navigate within your sound effortlessly.
- The 3 status repeat function lets you repeat one song, a playlist, or no repetition.
- You can control music’s depth.
- It lets you be in charge of the booster level.
- Sometimes plays tracks super-fast and sounds scrambled.
Read More: Best Receipt Scanner Apps for Android
6. Beans Mobile Music Equalizer
One of the free apps with the best equalizer settings for Android
Here comes another music equalizer app to make your favorite soundtracks sound even better. From a highly useful virtualizer mode to notification shortcuts, it has almost all settings that you may need to get the best music experience on your phone. Below we look at the detailed features, pros, and cons of this app.
Features of Beans Mobile Music Equalizer
- The app hosts 10 presets along with the customizable one
- With the 5 Band EQ controllers, you can listen to music just as you want.
- Boasts a bass booster mode for better sound quality through headphones.
- This phone equalizer offers a 4*4 widget for quick access
- Beans Mobile Music Equalizer is completely free to use.
- Friendly interface.
- Provides more features than other similar apps
- It is an ad-supported application and may annoy you with ads.
Best headphone app for Android with highly useful reverberation tool
Are you fond of listening to music through headphones? If yes, then this is among the best headphone-special phone equalizers that you can use. It offers some top-grade features to simulate treble and other attributes in your sound. Let’s discuss its features, pros, and cons.
Features of Wavelet
- Boasts a 9 band graphic equalizer that improves the sound quality.
- Hosts a bass booster for the beats that you love.
- This app lets you remove unneeded resonance with its bass tuner.
- It offers excellent channel balance to keep the left and right channels balanced.
- With its limiter, you can eliminate unwanted volume peaks.
- Boosts the audio quality.
- Its auto eq is better than many other applications.
- Distortion in music when the volume is increased beyond 50% in the loudness equalizer.
8. Music Player
One of the best eq app for Android with multiple language support
This is also among the best music players and Android 10 equalizers. We have many reasons to include it in our list. For example, it comes with the option to share your songs on different social media applications. In addition to this, below is what more you can expect from it.
Features of Music Player
- You can browse as per the music genre.
- Boasts a collection of elegant themes.
- It comes with a 5 band equalizer.
- In the application, you also get virtualizer and reverb settings as well.
- It boasts full support for widgets.
- There is an add to queue option to play songs in a selective order.
- It comes with support for audiobooks.
- Music Player also has in-built voice assistance and a ringtone cutter.
- Anyone can use it easily.
- Integrated voice-assistant
- It shows too many ads and this irritates many users.
- Sometimes, you may experience a few minor glitches while using this app.
9. Viper4Android (Root Only)
Bluetooth equalizer for Android that requires a rooted device
This is also one of the best equalizer apps for Android that you can use if your device is rooted. It boasts many features to give you a top-notch sound experience. For instance, you get a ten-band equalizer to convert the audio quality as you like. Along with this, below are its other features.
Features of Viper4Android (Root Only)
- The interface of the software is changed completely in the new version and rewritten.
- One of the best features of the app is that you can manage the presets in the app itself.
- The app installs very quickly and easily on Android devices.
- You can change the settings of the app from the notifications.
- The tool is very lightweight as compared to other similar apps.
- Improves the quality of sound significantly.
- Multiple customization options
- It does not work on non-rooted devices.
10. Music Equalizer
One of the best eq apps for Android with notification shortcut
This app takes your equalizing experience a notch up with its amazing features. It is among the top choices of users who are looking for an easy-to-use equalizer for their Android device. Below are its features for which we have it on our list.
Features of Music Equalizer
- Has virtualizer mode for improved results with headphones.
- The app provides you quick access to its features for ease.
- Works perfectly with all screen resolutions.
- There are 10 presets equalizations and 18 colorful themes.
- It boasts effects like bass boost and stereo surround sound.
- There are 5 band and 10 band equalizers
- Easy to use.
- Supports Android 10
- Sometimes struggles a bit with Samsung tab and streaming services
11. Equalizer – Bass Boost
One of the best equalizer apps for Android with over ten presets
This is another choice among the best equalizer apps as the user interface is simple and appealing enough for users. This app is capable of enhancing the overall listening experience by editing the sound effect as per the genre of music.
Features of Equalizer – Bass Boost
- It has a five-band equalizer with bass boosting ability.
- This is not just a bass booster app as it can also enhance the overall loudness in devices.
- This app can also add visual effects, 3D surround sound effects, and a lot more.
- Easy to use.
- Includes advanced features.
- Customize the preset
- This app contains ads.
- This app also has some in-app purchase offers to access all features.
- Sometimes, the bass boost option is grayed out.
Read More: Best Remote Desktop Apps for Android
12. Poweramp Equalizer
Among the best equalizer settings for Android with configurable bands
This app again makes a superb choice as a bass booster Android app because of the impressive features like a preamp, support for third-party players, and more. Let’s discuss all its features, pros, and cons, so you can judge it is the best application for you or not.
Features of Poweramp Equalizer
- It boasts an equalizer based on the Poweramp player.
- This application has power-packed bass and treble tone controls.
- The presets are assignable as per specific devices.
- Poweramp Equalizer autosaves the presets.
- You can also use the app to edit the sound quality of streaming applications.
- The app has an advanced player tracking mode for ease of use.
- Strong DVC mode
- Highest possible equalization range.
- After the 30-day trial, you get only a default 10-band EQ.
- The preamp is not as strong as you may expect.
13. 10-Band Equalizer
Best headphone app for Android with an in-built music player
This bass booster app is capable of enhancing the complete sound quality of your device and gives you the freedom to adjust and modify sound as per your likes. This app can be downloaded free of cost and is even applicable to headphones as well as speakers.
Features of 10-Band Equalizer
- The app supports background music and video playing.
- 10-Band equalizers are available along with multiple presets.
- You can generate and save any preset as you want.
- It allows you to customize the volume, bass, treble, and other attributes of the audio.
- One of the best features of the app is that you can manage the left/right volume balance of the speakers.
- Friendly enough for beginners.
- Adjust sound from 31Hz to 16kHz.
- Multiple app support
- There are ad interferences that can’t be removed.
- Unlabeled frequency bands.
One of the unique equalizer apps for both headphones and speakers
Our next pick for the best equalizer apps for different devices is SoundID. As the name suggests, it lets you create your ID to help you discover the sound that fits your needs perfectly.
This application is one of a kind and offers many features to please audiophiles worldwide. For instance, it supports numerous apps ranging from Spotify to Podcast Addict. In addition to this, below are its other interesting offerings.
Features of SoundID
- It works well with almost all local and offline music players.
- You can adjust the sound in whatever way you like.
- Better sound personalization than many other apps.
- Compatibility with different platforms
- Difficult to use.
- A bit buggy
15. Many Music Player Apps
Best music app with equalizers for Android
A lot of music player apps come with in-built equalizers to boost sound quality. BlackPlayer EX Music Player is one such application. The app comes with a powerful but customizable visualizer, and many other features. Let’s take a look at the top features of this app.
Features of Many Music Player Apps
- It offers a lot of themes.
- You can make Widget and Notification customizations.
- There is a floating window control widget.
- It offers Chromecast support.
- It boasts an ID3 tag editor.
- Highly customizable.
- You can shuffle the playlist.
- It is not free.
- Crossfading causes trouble with the background equalizers.
16. Equalizer by Smart Android Apps
Best Bluetooth equalizer for Android with feasible features
One of the features of this application for which it deserves to be on this list is that it lets you create and restore presets from SD cards. Moreover, it also boasts many other features that brought it to this position in our post listing the best headphone apps for Android. We share them below.
Features of Equalizer
- You get a five-band equalizer.
- There is a bass booster, virtualizer, and reverb.
- It has 11 presets and you can also make your own preset.
- You can integrate it with your music player.
- It allows you to customize widgets, notifications, and home screen shortcuts.
- This application works well with almost every music app.
- A plethora of features.
- Easy to use.
- A bit more expensive than similar apps.
- Sometimes, you face annoying glitches.
Read More: Best Call Recording Apps for Android Phone
17. VLC for Android
One of the most popular equalizers for Android
VLC is a name that most of us are familiar with. It is among the widely known and used media players in the world. It also offers several options to enhance the sound quality such as a ten-band equalizer and over eighteen presets. Let’s discuss all its incredible features.
Features of VLC
- It supports almost all audio formats.
- This application boasts support for disk shares.
- There is support for multi-track audio, subtitles, auto-rotation, and many more.
- You also get an audio control widget.
- Easy to use.
- Mutlpie playback options
- You can see only 4 bands at a time.
18. Headphones Equalizer
Best headphone app for Android with easy integration with different platforms
If you are looking for an Android equalizer to use with a headphone, then this app is among the best choices you can make. It offers effortless integration with almost all your favorite music players and many outstanding features. Let’s take a look at them.
Features of Headphones Equalizer
- With its headphone correction feature, you can apply the profile equalization automatically.
- It comes with a bass boost, Correction attenuation, and Virtualizer.
- It provides quick notification access.
- You can add your equalization to the headphone list.
- It allows you to backup and restore your headphone collection.
- Simple to use.
- No ads.
- There are only a few presets.
- It offers only a five-band EQ.
Before concluding the best Android equalizers, let’s answer some connected questions to clear any confusion you may have.
Frequently asked questions
Below we answer every question that you may have about the best equalizer applications for Android.
Q1. What is the best free equalizer app?
All the applications shared in this article are the best in some way or the other. However, if you wish to know our top favorites, here they are.
- Equalizer FX
- Bass Booster & Equalizer
Q2. Is there an app to enhance audio?
Yes, there are applications to improve the audio quality of your phone. We have shared the best ones in this article.
Q3. What is the best sound enhancer app for Android?
You can use any of the applications shared in this post to enhance the sound on your Android device depending on your requirements. For your convenience, we share our top choices below.
- Music Volume EQ
- Equalizer FX
- Bass Booster
Q4. Does Android have a built-in equalizer?
Beginning with Android Lollipop, Android phones offer an equalizer. However, it is not as effective as the equalizer applications shared in this article.
Conclusion- Top 18 Best Equalizer Apps
This article has briefed you about the best equalizer apps available for Android devices with its best features and demerits. There are millions of apps in the Play Store which claim to be a thousand things, but when it comes to actual action, many of these turn out to be fake apps, or some may even contain malicious viruses.
Thus, this article can hopefully help you find the app which suits you best.