Is Fortnite not opening? If yes, there is no need to be disheartened. You can use the solutions shared in this article to fix the problem with ease.
No one can call themselves a Battle Royale fan if they haven’t played Fortnite. Developed by Epic Games, this game took the world of arcade games by storm. If, like millions of others, you also love playing it, but Fortnite is not launching on your computer, we understand how you must be feeling.
Therefore, this article shares the quickest and easiest possible ways to fix the Fortnite won’t launch problem. But before proceeding to them, it is first crucial to learn why the game is behaving erratically, so you can perform better troubleshooting.
Thus, let’s first talk about why Fortnite is not opening.
Reasons Fortnite is not launching
Following are the prominent issues because of which Fortnite won’t launch on your PC.
- Outdated drivers
- Missing or broken game files
- EasyAntiCheat service not running correctly
- No administrative permissions
- A mismatch between PC’s specs and game requirements
Now that you got the answer to the question, “Why can’t I load into Fortnite?”, fixing the problem will be duck soup. Hence, let’s move to the needed solutions.
Quick and easy fixes for Fortnite not launching
You can apply the following solutions to resolve the issues if Fortnite won’t launch on your Windows device.
Fix 1: Ensure your PC and Fornite are mutually compatible
Every game has specific requirements that your computer must meet to run it. If they are not fulfilled, the game won’t work on the PC. Thus, if Fortnite is not launching, you should first look at its system requirements and then match them with your computer’s specifications to fix the issue.
Below we acquaint you with the game requirements and the way to check the specifications of your PC.
System requirements of Fortnite
Operating System: Windows 10/8/7 (64 Bit)
GPU: Intel HD 4000 or superior
Processor: Core i3 2.4GHz
RAM: Minimum 4 GB
DirectX: At least DirectX version 11
HDD Space: Not less than 16 GB
Directions for viewing the PC’s specifications
- Open Settings by making use of the Windows+I keyboard command.
- Pick the System setting.
- Choose About from the System window’s left section.
- Now, you can see the entire PC details.
- If required, make hardware updates to play Fortnite smoothly.
Fix 2: Update your computer’s drivers (Recommended)
Outdated drivers (particularly, the graphics driver) are a common culprit behind almost every gaming problem, such as Fortnite not launching. Hence, updating them is among the most recommended methods to fix the issues.
You can carry out driver updates in both manual and automatic ways. But, the manual methods (use of manufacturer’s website, Device Manager, and Windows update) require a lot of hard work. Hence, we do not recommend them.
What we do and suggest is automatic driver updates through programs, like our favorite Bit Driver Updater.
Bit Driver Updater performs all the driver updates you need with not more than a single click. Moreover, it also offers a plethora of fascinating features, such as driver backup and restores, acceleration of the pace of downloading drivers, scheduled scanning for outdated drivers, etc.
To experience all the wonderful features of Bit Driver Updater yourself, you can use the following link to download and install it.
Once you have completed the download and installation, give the software two to three seconds to find all the outdated drivers. After getting the outdated drivers’ list, Update All to the best version.
If you do not like the idea of updating all the drivers in one go (it saves a lot of time and effort, by the way!), you can use the Update Now tool to update drivers singly.
However, remember to update every out-of-date driver to get a faster and smoothly performing computer.
Fix 3: Perform Fortnite file verification
If Fortnite is not opening even after updating drivers (usually, it does not happen), you should check the game files. Missing or corrupted files may be the reason you are facing this issue. Below we share how to verify the game files.
- Launch the Epic Game Launcher.
- Select Library from the on-screen menu.
- Click on Settings (gear icon).
- Pick Verify from the available options.
- After performing the verification, select Launch to check if the above steps worked to fix the Fortnite not launching issue or not.
Fix 4: Perform EasyAntiCheat repairing
EasyAntiCheat is a program Fornite developers use to prevent players from using any kind of hacks or mods. EasyAntiCheat errors can also lead to the not launching of Fortnite. Therefore, below is how to repair it to solve the problem.
- Apply the Windows+E keyboard shortcut to get the File Explorer.
- Search for easyanticheat_setup.
- Click doubly on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.
- Select Yes to proceed further.
- Choose Fortnite from the available menu.
- Select the Repair Service option.
- After the repair process is completed, click the Finish button.
- Launch Fortnite to see if it opens or not.
Fix 5: Open Fortnite with administrative privileges
Some games (including Fortnite) need special permissions to run smoothly. If the games do not have the needed administrative rights, you may face problems, like Fortnite not launching. Thus, below is how to run the game as an administrator.
- Launch the folder where you installed Fortnite.
- Go to FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64.
- Get FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping right-clicked and choose Properties.
- Travel to the Compatibility box and check the Run as administrator box.
- Choose Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Perform the above process again for FortniteLauncher and FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-BE, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-EAC.
Fix 6: Update Fortnite
Game developers often release patch updates to fix common problems, such as Fortnite not launching. Thus, if none of the above solutions worked (happens rarely), you can download and Install the Fortnite update by following the steps below.
- Open Epic Games Launcher.
- Select Adjustments from the side menu.
- Scroll down to the Manage Games section and click on it.
- Allow Auto-Updates.
- Find Fortnite.
- Allow Automatic update of Fortnite.
- After the update, see whether the above process is a successful fix for Fortnite not launching problem or not
Also Read: Best Free Fortnite Alternatives
Fortnite not launching: Fixed
Through this article, we discussed what to do if Fortnite won’t launch on your device. You can implement the above solutions to get rid of this problem with ease.
However, if you do not have the time or patience to try all the solutions, you can execute driver updates through Bit Driver Updater straightaway to fix the issue in one shot.
And, in case you want Fortnite to perform even better, you can also take a look at the tips to make its performance smooth before leaving this blog.