Conexant was an American software developer and semiconductor company that produced incredibly amazing voice and audio processing products, imaging devices, and modems. The audio products developed by the organization have always provided a fabulous sound experience to users across the globe. However, after upgrading to Windows 10, many users are facing the Conexant HD Audio Drivers problem. The issue with audio drivers has made it tough for them to enjoy their favorite soundtracks, movies, and other such content on their PC. If you are also one of such users, then this penned note is for you.
Through this write-up, we discuss the best ways to resolve the issues related to Conexant HD audio drivers on Windows 10. But before we jump on to that, it is first crucial to understand why these problems have popped up. However, first, if you wish to know the best solution, then below is a glimpse of it.
Most Recommended Fix for Problematic Conexant HD Audio Drivers
As said above, the “In our humble opinion, updating the drivers with Bit Driver Updater is the best way to fix all the issues, including the ones with Conexant HD audio drivers. This driver updater lets you update drivers automatically in one click. Moreover, at the same time, it makes your computer fast and a lot better performing. You can get Bit Driver Updater by clicking on the download button given below.
Why are the Conexant HD Audio Drivers not Working Correctly
There can be a multitude of reasons for which you are facing the Conexant HD audio drivers problem on Windows 10. Here a few prominent ones.
- The audio drivers that you have installed are incompatible with your device.
- You have not updated the audio drivers.
Now that the causes of Conexant HD audio drivers issues on Windows 10 are out in the open solving these problems will be an easy task. Thus, let’s discuss the methods to fix these issues.
How to Fix the Conexant HD Audio Drivers Problem on Windows 10 PC
Fixing the issues related to Conexant HD audio drivers for Windows 10 PC is something that you can effortlessly do. Simply string along the below methods to fix them.
Method 1: Download the Conexant HD Audio Drivers via the PC Manufacturer’s Website
Since outdated drivers cause most of the Conexant HD audio drivers problems, downloading and installing the latest version of drivers can fix the issues for you. But, it may be a little tricky to do as the official Conexant website does not provide drivers. You need to search for compatible drivers and download the Conexant Smart Audio HD driver update on Windows 10 through the website of your PC manufacturer.
Method 2: Download & Install Conexant HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 PC using Device Manager
There is a Device Manager in Windows to solve almost all the problems related to drivers. However, you must be very careful while using it as a single wrong step can make the issues worse. Hence, follow the below steps carefully to fix the Conexant HD audio drivers problem with Device Manager.
- Use the Windows and R key combination to call up the “Run box.”
- After the Run box appears, type “devmgmt.msc” in the given space and click on “OK.”
- Wait for the “Device Manager” to open and after it opens, locate and expand “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click on Conexant audio driver and choose “Update driver” from the context menu visible on the screen.
- Now, a window appears asking how do you want to search for drivers. Choose “Search automatically for updated driver software.”
If Windows can find the latest driver version, then it will automatically download and install it on your device. However, if Windows fails to get the driver (it may happen in some cases), then move to the next method to download the Conexant Smart Audio HD driver update on Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Download & Update Bluetooth Speaker Drivers
Method3: Solve Conexant HD Audio Drivers Problem with Bit Driver Updater (Recommended)
Not only the beginners but experienced tech professionals also find it tough to manually download a compatible driver update on their PC. Even the slightest mistake on their part can make the situations more difficult to resolve. Hence, we suggest you do not risk your computer’s well being and update drivers automatically using the top driver updaters such as Bit Driver Updater. This tool is among those rare utilities that make the PC a whole lot faster and fixes annoying issues along with updating drivers in a single click. First, let’s have a look at the quick series of steps to use it, then we will discuss more of its advantages.
Steps to update Conexant Smart HD audio driver on Windows 10 with Bit Driver Updater
- Click on the below download link to install Bit Driver Updater on your PC.
- After the installation, the utility automatically scans your PC. Wait for a couple of seconds till the scan completes. If yours is a rare case where the automatic scan does not start, then click on “Scan” to manually begin it.
- Go through the results of the scan, find Conexant audio driver, and click on “Update Now” to update it. If you want to solve all the PC problems in one go, then click on “Update All.”
Compliance with the above quick and easy steps is all you need to update drivers with Bit Driver Updater. In addition to ease of use, several it also provides several benefits that make it a favorite tool of millennials across the globe, including us. We share the same below.
Advantages of Bit Driver Updater
- It downloads only those driver updates that have got a certification from WHQL.
- With this driver updater, you can perform driver backup creation and restoration with ease.
- There is a scan scheduling facility to let you run the scan as per your preferences and requirements.
- You can add drivers to the exclusion list and keep them out of the scan purview.
- This tool is available in multiple languages ranging from English to French.
- Bit Driver Updater is available for all Windows versions except Windows XP and Windows Vista.
In addition to the above benefits, the biggest advantage of Bit Driver Updater is that it solves almost all the problems which plague your device and improves its performance. Below is the link to get it.
Method 4: Reinstall the Conexant HD audio drivers on Windows 10
In case you are stuck with a dysfunctional and incompatible driver, then reinstalling it is among the best ways to solve Conexant HD audio drivers problem on Windows 10. Below is a series of steps to do it.
- Call “Device Manager” on your screen.
- After you see the Device Manager window on your screen, find and expand the category named “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Right-click the Conexant HD audio driver and select “Uninstall device” from the small menu visible on the screen.
- Now, a dialog box appears on the screen asking whether you are sure about uninstalling the device or not. Click on “Yes” to give assent for the removal.
- After the uninstall finishes, restart your computer to reinstall the Conexant HD audio drivers for Windows 10 PC.
Method 5: Disable all audio enhancements
In case you have any audio enhancements enabled on your device, then they may interfere with the working of the audio drivers. Hence, to fix the Conexant HD audio drivers problem, travel with the below steps to disable the audio enhancements.
- Locate and right-click the “Speakers” icon present on your Taskbar.
- Choose “Playback devices” from the small menu that is displayed on the screen.
- Double click the default playback device to open it.
- Move to the “Enhancements” tab and checkmark “Disable all enhancements” to turn off all the audio enhancements.
- Click on “OK” to complete the procedure.
- After completing the above steps, restart your computer.
Also Read: How to Solve Logitech G433 Mic Not Working Problem?
Method 6: Change the memory settings
Here comes another workaround to help you fix the issues related to Conexant HD audio drivers on Windows 10. Changing the maximum memory settings can resolve it. Thus, be guided by the steps shared here to do it.
- In the search space present on the Taskbar, input “msconfig” and launch “System Configuration.”
- Move to the “Boot” tab and choose “Advanced Options.”
- Change the Maximum Memory to 3072, i.e., the recommended option.
- Click on “OK” and restart the PC.
Conexant HD Audio Drivers Problem: Solved
This piece of writing helped us solve the Conexant HD audio drivers problem with the best possible methods. We hope now you are enjoying a seamless and pleasing sound experience on your Windows 10 PC. Feel free to drop us a comment in case you need more assistance to fix this or any other tech issue. Also, we would love to have you as a subscriber to our blog. Hence, do not forget to subscribe to it.