There is no need to panic if your Logitech G933 headset is flashing red. You can fix this problem by using the quick and easy solutions given in this article.
Logitech G933 headset helps gamers make the most of their gaming sessions with audio or music. However, it becomes frustrating when the Logitech G933 is flashing red light and not working.
Are you also frustrated because of the same problem? If yes, then now you can forget all your worries. Through this article, we share the personally tried and tested solutions to the Logitech G933 headset flashing red light problem.
These fixes are going to help you drive the issue away quickly and easily. Hence, without delay of any sort, let’s begin fixing the red light blinking in Logitech G933.
Quick and Easy Fixes for Logitech G933 Flashing Red Problem
Below are the perfect solutions to get rid of the flashing red light on the Logitech G933 headset.
Fix 1: Try preliminary troubleshooting
Before playing with the settings and performing more detailed fixing, it is always in the best interest to try some quick hacks to solve the problem. Thus, below are a few primary solutions you can apply to fix the red flashing on Logitech G933.
- Remove the headset’s side cover and use a needle/pin to press the hard reset button for a couple of seconds.
- Check the batteries of your headset and charge them completely.
After applying the above basic fixes, check whether red blinking on the Logitech headset continues or it has stopped.
Fix 2: Perform firmware update
A firmware update often fixes irritating problems such as Logitech G933 blinking red. Hence, below is how you can execute it.
- Make use of an adapter/USB dongle to plug your Logitech G933 headset into the PC.
- Turn on the power switch.
- Bring up the Quick Access menu using the Windows+X command of the keyboard.
- Pick Command Prompt (Admin) from the given options.
- Input the given command in the on-screen window and hit Enter.
Cd C:\Program Files\Logitech Gaming Software\FWUpdate\G933
- Now, key in the following command and press Enter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
- After the process completes, restart the computer and check if the red light is blinking on the Logitech headset or not.
Fix 3: Get the dead battery replaced
Batteries going dead may also be a reason for the Logitech headphones flashing red. Therefore, if the battery does not work even after charging it, you need to replace the same with a new set of batteries to fix the problem.
Fix 4: Execute update of USB drivers (Recommended)
Drivers have a huge impact on how your computer and various connected devices work. The reason is that the drivers communicate your instructions to the computer to get them executed perfectly. If a driver is outdated, the associated peripheral fails to function properly.
For example, if the USB driver is out-of-date, the connected device, i.e., the Logitech headset in your case, starts behaving erratically. And you face issues like G933 blinking red.
Therefore, updating the USB driver is among the most recommended and sure-shot ways to fix the red flashing on the Logitech G933 headset.
You can carry out a USB driver update by making use of Device Manager or in a better way with an automatic program (like our recommendation, i.e., Bit Driver Updater).
We are more comfortable updating drivers automatically and safely using Bit Driver Updater. Hence, recommend the same to all our readers.
Bit Driver Updater is among the top programs to perform one-click automatic driver updates. Moreover, it also has many useful options, like a backup and restore tool for drivers, an acceleration mechanism for driver download speed, etc.
After completing the download and installation of Bit Driver Updater, you can have a relaxing time of two to three seconds, till the software presents you with a list of outdated drivers. Once it displays the out-of-date drivers, you can Update All of them automatically.
If you are of the opinion to perform just the USB driver update, you can pick the Update Now option.
However, tech experts always suggest updating every out-of-date driver for the top-notch performance of the computer.
Fix 5: Make use of USB wireless mix adapter
Firstly, you should connect all cables to other computer ports. After doing this, check whether the Logitech headset is flashing red or not. If it still flashes red, we suggest using a USB wireless mix adapter to connect the headphone to your computer or gaming console to fix the issue.
If all the above fixes do not work (it may happen in a few rare cases when the headset is damaged), you can contact the official Logitech support for help.
And, if you have any confusion about how to fix the Logitech G933 flashing red issue, you can go through the FAQs section below to clear it.
Frequently asked questions
Below we answer all questions you may have about the flashing red light on the Logitech headset.
Logitech G933’s red flashing or blinking is an indication that something is wrong with your headset. You can use the fixes shared in this article to solve the problems that may make your headphone flash a red light.
Q2. Why is my Logitech G933 flashing red?
Below are all the possible reasons you may experience red flashing on your Logitech headset.
- The wireless cable connecting your headphone and computer is damaged
- Discharged or dead battery
- Issues with your USB dongle
- Headset damages
Q3. How to reset Logitech G933 headset?
If Logitech G933 is flashing red, below is the way to reset it.
- Connect your headset to USB power.
- Remove the plate from the mic’s side to view the internet network.
- Find the hardware reset button and press it using a small pin for about two seconds.
- Press the button twice again for two seconds.
- Now, you can reconnect the headset.
Q4. How to force update the Logitech G933 headset?
You can take these steps to perform a forceful Logitech G933 headphone update.
- Go to your computer’s program files.
- Find the Logitech Gaming Software.
- Make a selection of The FWUpdate.
- Select the G933 folder to open it.
- Click on the .exe file to run it and update the headset’s firmware.
Q5. Why does my Logitech G933 mic not work?
Your Logitech G933 mic may be disconnecting or not working due to any of these reasons.
- Outdated or corrupt device driver
- Hardware problems on the computer
- Discharged or dead battery
- Out-of-date firmware
- Computer not allowing you to use the headset
- USB not providing adequate power
Q6. How is Logitech G935 different from Logitech G933?
Both G935 and G933 are gaming headphones from Logitech. They differ in terms of their sound effects. In our and many other users’ views, G933 offers better sound effects than G935, so that you can have an ultimate gaming experience.
Q7. Are there any other errors like red flashing on Logitech G933?
Yes, many errors are similar to red blinking on G933. And, luckily enough, you can fix them using the same solutions. We share these errors below.
- A red light on the Logitech G933 mic
- Logitech G933 headset not charging
- The Logitech G933 headphone not getting detected
- Logitech USB does not work after an update
- Your Logitech G933 fails to connect to PS4
- Green flashing on Logitech G933 headset
Q8. How to avoid the Logitech G933 flashing red issue from recurring in the future?
Below are some tips to prevent the Logitech G933 red blinking and flashing problem from happening again.
- Make sure to change the batteries if your headset is in use for a long time.
- Ensure that the USB cable or adapter that connects the headset to the PC remains in perfect condition.
Logitech G933 flashing red: Fixed
Through this type-written note, we taught you how to fix the red blinking on the Logitech G933 headset. You can use the solutions given in above to fix the problem.
If you do not want to apply all the fixes, you can implement our recommendation, i.e., updating drivers by making use of Bit Driver Updater to resolve the issue instantly.
To solve other problems for a better tech experience, it will be better if you perform a regular reading of our articles.