If you are troubled with Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone, this article will be your favorite read for the day. Here, we acquaint you with how to fix this error quickly and easily.
Call of Duty: Warzone is a battle royale game millions love to play for the thrilling experience it provides with fascinating weapons, skins, and other tools. However, when issues like Memory Error 0-1766 appear out of nowhere, all thrill seems to turn into utter disappointment.
If you are also experiencing the same disappointing feeling because of Warzone Memory Error 0-1766 in PC/Xbox, you are at the perfect place.
Through this write-up, we are going to show you how to fix the Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone quickly and easily.
Before we jump into troubleshooting, let’s make you a bit more knowledgeable about the Call of Duty Memory Error 0-1766 to help you fix it better.
What is Memory Error 0-1766
In the simplest terms, Call of Duty: Warzone Memory Error 0-1766 is an issue where your device fails to load the hard drive assets or does not have sufficient RAM to support the game. This error leads to unexpected crashes or you being unable to play the game.
Talking about the causes of Memory Error 0-1766 in Xbox/PC, many factors can contribute to the error. In the following section, we share the most common ones.
Causes of Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone
Call of Duty Memory Error 0-1766 may occur due to any of the following reasons.
- Low latency problems
- Issues with the applications and games running in the background
- Incorrect display settings
- Broken or corrupted game files
- Conflicts with the background services and startup items
Now that you have enough knowledge about Call of Duty: Warzone Memory Error 0-1766, let’s learn how to fix it.
Also Read: Call Of Duty Warzone Crashing/Freezing On PC [Fixed]
How to Fix Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone
You can try the following solutions to drive the Call of Duty Memory Error 0-1766 away from your PC/Xbox.
Fix 1: Check and Fix Your Internet Connection
As you already know, the low latency problem causes many issues, such as Call of Duty Memory Error 0-1766. Hence, you need to check your internet connection and fix the issues with it to solve the problem you are facing. Below is what you can do to inspect and fix the internet connection.
- Switch to a wired connection. The wired internet connections are considered more appropriate for playing heavy games like Call of Duty: Warzone.
- If you are already using a wired connection and still facing the Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone, use WiFi to fix the issue.
- In the case of WiFi connections, try power cycling the router and modem. To do it, you need to unplug both the modem and router cable, keep them disconnected for over 30 seconds, and then plug them again.
- If multiple devices are connected to the WiFi, disconnect the unrequired ones to prevent overcrowding of the devices.
Fix 2: Close Background Applications and Games
If you have apps or games running in the background, Call of Duty: Warzone won’t get sufficient resources to run on your PC/Xbox. And it may lead to several problems, such as Memory Error 0-1766. Thus, you may close the unnecessary applications and games to solve the problem. Following are the steps to do it on both your computer and Xbox.
Steps to close background apps/games on Xbox
- Press your controller’s Xbox button to get the menu.
- Now, you get a highlighted list of apps and games running on your Xbox. Choose the ones you want to close. Here, we intend to close Apex Legends.
- Select the hamburger button (menu button).
- Pick the Quit
Steps to close background applications/games on PC
- Right-click the empty taskbar space and select Task Manager from the available menu.
- Stay on the Processes tab and identify the ones that take up the most CPU resources, memory, disk space, and network bandwidth.
- Right-click the identified resource-hogging apps/games and End task one by one. Here, as an example, we are ending Microsoft Edge to save resources and fix the Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone.
Also Read: How to Fix DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error (Solved)
Fix 3: Change the Display Settings of the Xbox
Incorrect display settings may also be a culprit behind the Memory Error 0-1766 in Xbox. Hence, changing the Xbox’s display settings can also help you fix the issue. You can follow the steps shared below to do it.
- Make a press on the Xbox button of your controller.
- Select the Settings (gear-shaped) icon.
- Choose Display & Sound from the left panel.
- Pick the option named Video Output.
- Go to the Display segment and adjust the resolution to
- Navigate to the Advanced segment and pick the Video modes.
- Remove the checkmark from Allow 4K and Allow HDR.
Fix 4: Perform Repairing of Game Files
Broken or corrupted game files are another reason behind multiple gaming issues, such as Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone. Hence, you can follow these steps to repair the game files to get rid of the error.
- Open the net client and head to the page of Warzone.
- Click on the Settings icon (present next to the Play option).
- Select the Scan and Repair tool from the settings menu.
- Let the scan complete.
- After the scan completes, launch Warzone to check whether the Memory Error 0-1766 is gone or it persists.
Also Read: How to Fix Rocket League Won’t Launch on Windows 10
Fix 5: Try to Clean Boot Your Computer
When you clean boot the computer, it starts only with essential items and services to minimize chances of issues, like the COD Warzone Memory Error 0-1766. Therefore, below is how to clean boot the PC.
- Search for msconfig and select System Configuration from the on-screen results.
- Navigate to the Services tab and Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Disable All services and select OK to proceed further.
- Go to the Startup tab and pick the option to Open Task Manager.
- Select Startup from the top menu and Disable all items.
- Perform a computer restart.
If after restarting the computer, you do not get the Call of Duty Memory Error 0-1766, one of the services you disabled above was causing the issue. You can enable each service one by one till the error re-appears to find the culprit.
Fix 6: Clear your Xbox’s Mac Address
Clearing the Mac address of Xbox reboots it freshly and often fixes the Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone. Thus, below we share how to clear the Mac address of Xbox.
- Hit the Xbox
- Select Settings from the right menu.
- Go to the Network Settings and then choose Advanced Settings.
- Pick the Alternate Mac Address
- Clear Alternate Mac Address and let your Xbox restart.
Also Read: How to Fix Dev Error 6068 in MW: Warzone
Fix 7: Turn off HDR
Many players reported that turning off HDR helped them fix the Memory Error 0-1766. Hence, below is how to disable HDR so that you can also try this hack.
- Hit your controller’s Xbox
- Navigate to Power and System.
- Pick General from the available options.
- Select TV from the on-screen menu.
- Pick Display Options and then select Video Modes.
- Disable the Auto HDR
Above, we shared how to fix the Memory Error 0-1766 on COD Warzone. If you want to prevent this and many other errors in the future, you can update the graphics driver of your computer. As a bonus for our readers, below is how to do it.
Bonus! Update Drivers to Prevent Gaming Issues
Outdated drivers (particularly, the graphics driver) have a significant impact on your PC’s gaming performance. You must update them to keep annoying errors away.
You can update drivers with ease automatically using software, such as Bit Driver Updater (the one we recommend and use).
Bit Driver Updater fetches, downloads, and installs all required drivers automatically with a click. Moreover, it also offers several other advantages, such as a tool to increase driver download speed, driver backup and restore, and many other features.
You can use the following link to download Bit Driver Updater and install it.
After getting the software installed, wait for a couple of seconds for the list of outdated drivers. Once you know what drivers need to be updated, you can Update All automatically.
If you want to download and install updates for only graphics drivers, you can use the Update Now button.
However, it is recommended to update each driver to ensure supreme PC performance.
Also Read: Fix Cyberpunk 2077 Crashes On Windows PC
Call of Duty: Warzone Memory Error 0-1766 (solved)
In this article, we discussed the fixes for Warzone Memory Error 0-1766 in PC/Xbox. You can use the above solutions to drive it away and update drivers through Bit Driver Updater to prevent it from rearing its ugly head.
To get fixes for other gaming and tech problems, stay in regular touch with Innovana Techlabs Blog.