Lexmark is the name that comes to mind when thinking about laser printers. It builds laser printing machines capable of delivering flawless print quality. However, it may also not function to the best of its ability and show annoying glitches without the compatible and up-to-date Lexmark printer drivers.
The driver connects your printer and computer with each other for the perfect execution of your commands. Without the driver, your instructions do not get translated into binary codes (computer’s language). Hence, their implementation is not the way you may expect.
Therefore, to keep you away from all the printing issues, this article shares how to download, install, and update the Lexmark printer drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7.
Without taking much of your extremely valuable time, let’s move straight to this post’s agenda.
How to Download Lexmark Printer Driver’s Update and Install It
You can use the following methods to get the update for Lexmark printer drivers downloaded and installed on your computer.
Method 1: Download Updated Lexmark Printer Drivers Automatically (Recommended)
Before we discuss any complicated or absolutely technical method to download the Lexmark printer driver, it is better to talk about the way suitable for both beginners and experienced users. No matter whether you are a techie or amateur computer user, you can download all the needed driver updates and install them automatically with driver update software.
There are a plethora of driver updaters in the market. However, we use and recommend Bit Driver Updater for its amazing set of features and ease of use. Bit Driver Updater offers some of the most incredible features, such as driver backup and restore, speeding up the driver download process, scheduled scans for outdated drivers, etc.
Moreover, one click is all you are required to do to update drivers automatically with Bit Driver Updater. To download and install this software, you can click on the link shared below
After installing the software, it presents the list of outdated drivers within two to three seconds of the installation. You can choose to Update All in one shot with just a click.
However, if you want to get only the Lexmark printer drivers updated, you can choose to Update Now.
In the opinion of experts, it is always a better choice to update all out-of-date drivers for top-notch computer performance.
Also Read: How to Update Printer Drivers in Windows 10, 8, 7 in 2021
Method 2: Apply Device Manager to Download Windows 10 Lexmark Printer Drivers for Free
Device Manager is a tool your computer has to carry out driver-related tasks. Below is how you can use it to download the updated Lexmark printer drivers for Windows 10, 64 Bit/32 Bit.
- Use the search function to look for and launch Device Manager.
- Click the category of Printers or print queues.
- Right-click the Lexmark printer and pick Update driver from the given options.
- Search automatically for updated driver software.
- After performing the above steps, make sure to restart your computer.
Method 3: Download the Lexmark Printer Drivers with Windows Update
Updating Windows is another strategy you can adopt to get the Lexmark printer driver’s update downloaded for Windows 10. However, the success of this method is not guaranteed as Windows often fails to detect the very recently released drivers. Still, you can go along with the directions given below to give your luck a try.
- Employ the Windows+I keyboard command to bring up the Settings panel.
- Choose Update & Security from the window that appears.
- Check for updates.
- Download and install the needed updates for your operating system.
- After finishing the update, ensure to reboot your computer.
Also Read: HP ENVY 4520 Printer Driver Download and Update [Easily & Quickly]
Method 4: Get Lexmark Printer Drivers from the Official Website
You can also download the updated Lexmark printer drivers for Windows 10, 8, 7 from the official website. Following are the directions to do it.
- Travel to the official Lexmark website.
- Click on the Customer Support.
- Choose Drivers & Downloads from the menu that descends.
- Enter the device model for which you want to download the driver. We wish to download the Lexmark printer driver’s update for our C3426dw printing machine.
- Click on your operating system’s driver file for your computer. You should choose the latest available driver file.
- Click doubly on the file you downloaded in the previous step.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to complete the installation of Lexmark printer drivers for Windows 7, 8, 10.
Now, after learning about how to download Lexmark printer drivers, if you have any persisting confusion, the following FAQs section clears it all.
Also Read: How to Download Install & Update Rollo Printer Driver for Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions
Below we answer all repeated questions about how to download the Lexmark printer driver’s update and get it installed to clear your doubts.
Q1. How to Scan Using the Lexmark Printer to the Computer?
To scan with your Lexmark printer to the PC, you need to follow the below steps.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same network.
- Go to the Printers folder and choose your printer.
- View the printer’s properties and change settings, if required.
- Launch the Control Panel.
- Choose the Scan to Computer option.
- Pick the correct scan setting.
- Select the Send It tool.
Q2. How to Get Lexmark Printer Software Installed?
Following are the steps to install the Lexmark printer software.
- Get the software installer package from here.
- Open the installer and follow the on-screen instructions.
Q3. How to Update the Lexmark Printer Driver?
You can follow the methods shared in this article to get the Lexmark printer driver updated. However, if you wish to update it automatically within just a few seconds, we suggest using Bit Driver Updater.
Updated Lexmark Printer Drivers Downloaded and Installed
In this article, we looked at various methods to download the Lexmark printer driver’s update and install it. You can pick any of them depending on your level of expertise and convenience.
However, we recommend using Bit Driver Updater to make updating drivers more comfortable.
For more guides about all things technology, stay in connection with the Innovana Techlabs blog.